X cruiser on Disney Wonder

willieg

In July I will be cruising with my son and family, two girls, 9 and 5, on the Disney Wonder. We will be in two separate oceanview staterooms. Most of my cruising in the last few years has been on Celebrity.

DH and I took our children on The Big Red Boat when they were young, so we started them off right on cruising.

Please share any tips with me for making the most of my time on this ship with 3 generations. This is the first time we have all been on a cruise together.

In July I will be cruising with my son and family, two girls, 9 and 5, on the Disney Wonder. We will be in two separate oceanview staterooms. Most of my cruising in the last few years has been on Celebrity.

DH and I took our children on The Big Red Boat when they were young, so we started them off right on cruising.

Please share any tips with me for making the most of my time on this ship with 3 generations. This is the first time we have all been on a cruise together.

You will probably get more feedback at what you are looking for i.e. tips/suggestions, etc...on the Disney Boards, since you are familiar with the =x= cruise experience already. Happy Cruising :cool:

In April 2008 our family (all fourteen of us) including two children, their spouses and eight grandchildren (ages 7 to 17) had a wonderful time on the Disney Wonder. I would encourage you to check out disboards dot com for info. I, the grandmother, did all the research and coordinating. The disboards site kept me busy all during the previous winter making door magnets and t-shirts. (Tacky, but fun!) Contributors to the site told me how to get the waiver in advance to be able to have Disney photos copied. When I took my 8 X 10 picture of our family (in coordinated polo shirts) to our local copying company I just had to show them the waiver to get my 11 X 14 made. It was especially fun when our two youngest grandsons had their picture made with Captain Jack Sparrow. They were wearing t-shirts I made with pictures of their faces over Capt. Jack's. The rest of Capt. Jack's attire was in place. The teen-age boys loved playing basketball on deck late at night...especially when there was movement under them. You'll have a wonderful time but, if you're like us, will want your next cruise to be an "adult" one on X!

I have to second Holly Harbor on this - the disboards are an incredibly source of information. I loved the Disney Wonder - it is indeed possible to not bump into children. The service on board was wonderful, the ship is beautifully appointed. The wealth of things to do for all ages is amazing. Enjoy the trip.

Archived