Island Princess - Dolphin Deck rooms 217/219

sweetlouise

Has anyone been near (or in!) rooms 217/219 on Dolphin Deck?? We booked really late (today!) because we weren't even sure we were able to cruise this summer so choice of rooms was limited. The most important to us was balcony, 2 rooms next to eachother, and we're on the right side of the ship for northbound passage. The downside is the room is pretty far forward.

I've always traveled mid-ship. Mid ship was not available unless we wanted to pay a fortune (which was impossible unless we won the lottery hahah).

Any comments?? Are we going to be miserable? Or is it ok ?? I tend to get seasick and last time I traveled to Alaska (I was 5!) I threw up all over the table on Captain's night (and we weren't the only family at the table!).

Thanks,

simmy :-)

We are just back today from our Island Princess Alaskan cruise. You will have a wonderful time, no matter where your room is. We were in a suite (702) on Dolphin, but we peeked in rooms down the hall as they were cleaning and commented that we could be happy in any of the cabins. The ride was very smooth the entire week, and I probably could have done without my seasick patches altogether.

Be sure to catch the Peter & Mark show on the television each morning. They discuss what is going on that particular day, and, besides being very informative, they are hysterically funny.

We were in C216 in May and my DW had a hard time with the motion when we weren't in protected waters (1.5' to 4' seas). I found it soothing. Should probably check into patches or suchlike. You are going to love the view from your rooms (and the covered balconies), so I hope it makes up for any discomfort!

Shewuf, don't you mean the Billy and Mark show? Isn't Billy Highgate still the CD?

Archived