Celebrity Cruises Visa Card

allisons

My husband and I are new to Celebrity. We have cruise with Royal Caribbean 12 times, we have 2 more RCI cruises booked, we are Diamond Crown & Anchor members, we have the Royal Caribbean Visa Card, and we are getting ready to take our 2nd free cruise from that card (125,000 points = $2,500 maximum voucher applied as the value of the most expensive outside cabin). We are taking our first Celebrity cruise in January, we are Elite Captain's Club members, and we plan to book 1-2 more Celebrity cruises while onboard our January cruise. We are considering applying for the Celebrity Cruises Visa Card, but we have a question . . . Are the only rewards those listed online (below), or are there more reward levels, specifically is there a free cruise for two passengers reward?

Redeem Rewards Points for Valuable Celebrity Cruises Benefits

Points Celebrity Cruises Rewards§

5,000 $50 onboard credit or 2 FREE Celebrity robes

15,000 FREE AquaSpa gold fitness package

25,000 $250 cruise discount or credit toward onboard purchases

50,000 FREE stateroom upgrade on any ship or itinerary

75,000 FREE companion fare on a 7-night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing

My husband and I are new to Celebrity. We have cruise with Royal Caribbean 12 times, we have 2 more RCI cruises booked, we are Diamond Crown & Anchor members, we have the Royal Caribbean Visa Card, and we are getting ready to take our 2nd free cruise from that card (125,000 points = $2,500 maximum voucher applied as the value of the most expensive outside cabin). We are taking our first Celebrity cruise in January, we are Elite Captain's Club members, and we plan to book 1-2 more Celebrity cruises while onboard our January cruise. We are considering applying for the Celebrity Cruises Visa Card, but we have a question . . . Are the only rewards those listed online (below), or are there more reward levels, specifically is there a free cruise for two passengers reward?

Redeem Rewards Points for Valuable Celebrity Cruises Benefits

Points Celebrity Cruises Rewards§

5,000 $50 onboard credit or 2 FREE Celebrity robes

15,000 FREE AquaSpa gold fitness package

25,000 $250 cruise discount or credit toward onboard purchases

50,000 FREE stateroom upgrade on any ship or itinerary

75,000 FREE companion fare on a 7-night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing

I think that that pretty well covers the list of Celebrity rewards. However, you can also use the points as "World Points" towards airfare, hotels, etc.

Something else I discovered with B of A. We have had the RCCL card for several years with a very high credit line. We applied for and received the Celebrity CC a year ago, and they only gave me a 5k credit line, which is really not enough to book some of Celebrity's longer cruises. I asked for an increased credit line, and instead they allowed me to split the larger RCCL credit card credit line and add a portion to the Celebrity credit line, now they are about equal and makes it much easier to book the cruise without worry of going overlimit. We ALWAYS pay each credit card every month and never carry any balances. Never pay a dime of interest on a credit card (if you can).

It is also easier to cah in your points with Celebrity. When cashing your points, you call the bank and they will give you an authorization number/code over the phone for your reward. You then call Celebrity and give them the code and your points award is immediately applied.

Hypo

I have this card and have redeemed with no issues. Really simple. But, I don't like the fact that for 2 years they've listed one of the options for a free cruise as a 7-night (Caribbean) or Mexican Riviera sailing. Celebrity no longer sails Mexican 7 nighters. I asked X and BoA about it, and they pointed the finger of responsibility to each other. At this point, it's been 2 years so it's staying. Maybe I'll try to redeem points for a MX sailing. LOL

Thank you, everyone! A few follow-up questions/comments:

AJD, is the 125,000 reward level in writing somewhere? It's not listed online.

AnglerGirl, does the 75,000 free companion fare = $1,500 maximum applied as the value of the most expensive outside cabin fare? That's how it works on RCI.

Hypo, you can do the same thing with RCI. You can ask BoA for the certificate number and then give that number to C&A without ever having to handle a paper certificate.

BOA don't make it easy, but if you look under Other Reward Options then Merchandise then Celebrity the 125,000 reward is listed:

The Caribbean inspires an almost universal fantasy in visitors. A fantasy of a carefree life on an alabaster beach. Breakfasting on mangos and papaya. Lunching on lobster and conch. All the while breathing in the island perfume of pineapple, sea salt and rum. Join us to find out what it's like to cruise to the Caribbean on Celebrity. Treat yourself famously onboard a luxurious seven (7) night, eight (8) night, nine (9) night or ten (10) night Caribbean sailing for two and luxuriate in one of Celebrity's renowned oceanview staterooms. Value of free cruise fare for two may not exceed twenty-five hundred dollars ($2,500.)

Also the75000:

Celebrity Cruises free companion fare on a Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing. In a 2004 survey, the readers of Conde Nast Traveler - some of the most sophisticated travelers in the world - voted seven of Celebrity Cruises' ships among the top ten cruise ships in the world. One of the youngest fleets sailing today, Celebrity ships are also among the most polished. If you happen to be yearning for a once-in-a-lifetime trip, may we suggest that the best way to do it is on a one-of-a-kind ship with the love of your life. Bring a companion with you on any seven (7) night, eight (8) night, nine (9) night or ten (10) night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing and sojourn in an oceanview stateroom. Value of companion fare may not exceed fifteen hundred dollars ($1,500).

Archived