Safety in Ensenada?

CurlyRed964

I am a single mom traveling with my 7 year old girl. So, I have some concerns getting into cabs, etc. on my own in a foreign country. Is it safe enough in Ensenada to catch a cab to get a massage at the local dayspa? If not, I'll do the wine tour, but pampering sounds like fun if it is safe enough. Some on here seem to think Ensenada is a hot bed of violence while others are less alarmed. Trying to find out the real scoop here.

Did not go to get massage,wine tour, or cab. Just walk after ship docked. Did not encounter any criminal activity or violence. Below are my 2 cents about ensenada

We were in Ensenada 12/2009. Had a great time. Beside great beer, food and remember seeing a giant mexican flag, here are some unpleasant things i recalled about Ensenada:

1. Pharmacies banner advertise ****** everywhere

2. Little children begging for money while parents is sitting on street milk fed other sibblings. This really break my heart!!!!(why????)

3. While at a starbuck looking outside, I saw soldiers in back of truck with giant machine gun. I wondered why they would need such firepower?

I've been to Ensenada five times, and have not had any problems. But have always been with a group. If you are alone with your daughter, and don't want to get in a cab you could always take the shuttle into town. There are plenty of tourists walking around town have never felt unsafe.

Archived