First Time on HAL - 5185 Aft

bogeydi

My husband and I are from Tucson, Arizona and have booked a cruise on the HAL Noordam for next Spring (Southern Caribbean 4/14). It is our first cruise on HAL. We will have sailed 3 times on Princess (Sapphire & Emerald) by then and although we LOVE our experience with Princess - wanted to branch out and try another cruise line. We have always had a balcony cabin and twice booked a "guaranteed" balcony that was upgraded to the Caribe deck (the largest balcony on Princess). We decided this time on HAL to book a specific balcony stateroom (5185 Deluxe Verandah) on the aft of the ship. Anybody have an opinion on the likelihood HAL would have upgraded us from a guarantee room as well? Anyone ever had a room at the back of the ship? Would love to hear your experiences - both pro and con.

We have been upgraded on every guarantee we've booked with HAL. And that means absoutely nothing in terms of the likelyhood of it ever occuring again.;) No one knows the magic algorithm used for upgrades.

One note and please take this as intended. That cabin is on the stern. Aft is a direction.

But, we all know what you mean, and I hope you enjoy your cabin on the stern as much as we did. :)

Archived