Fort Lauderdale Hotel recommendations

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a nice hotel reasonably priced near the docks.

Hyatt Place. 5 min from FLL, 5 min from the port. They have a shuttle that will take you from the airport to the hotel and from hotel to port and it's free! We have a very nice stay there before our cruise a few weeks ago. Just google Hyatt Place Ft Lauderdale and you can get more info.

I also had a good experience at Hyatt Place in April. We has a late flight into FLL so had to call but the shuttle arrived within about 10 minutes. The room was very clean with bed, couch, bar area, and desk. There is a Publix market about a block away so we stopped by in the morning and picked up a 20-pk of diet DP before the cruise.

I called before I booked to ask about shuttles and was told that they don't have one to the port. It wasn't a deal breaker so I booked anyway. However, when we checked in, I asked about arranging a taxi to the port and was told that they have a shuttle that leaves about every 30 minutes. We took the noon shuttle and were onboard before 1 PM.

Embassy Suites, 17th street! 5 minutes to pier. They have a wonderful open bar every night from 5:00 to 7:30!! and their breakfast buffet is to die for! they do not have a free shuttle to the pier, but its about $6 per person. The cab fare from the airport to the hotel was $13.50 in Sept. the hotel was just renovated and the rooms are wonderful 2-room suites! Beautiful pool area with waterfalls! I stay here every time I go to FLL!

We love The Renaissance on 17th...but I have heard really good things about both hotels mentioned other than that. They Hyatt and Embassy Suites. We may try the Embassy Suites next time...

Archived