Camp Carnival Online Registration Question re: Ages being rounded up

BarbMatt

I am prepping for our cruise and have decided to register the kids for Camp Carnival online - seems like a good idea. When I went online, it showed my children's ages as 2 and 5. My one child will have her birthday during the cruise and the other child will have her birthday about 2 weeks after the cruise ends.

This is great in my opinion but wonder if they'll still be sticky about the 2 year old then at the start of the cruise. CruisinMamma gave me the heads up that when the child turns 2 she'll be able to attend CC, but if she's already showing up as 2, can she start straight away. Anyone ever experience this rounding up issue for the 2 year old?? If so, what's your experience.

p.s. If I mention that it's my daughter's 2nd birthday on the online reg. then do they do anything special for that?? Any freebies and if there are costs what are my options?

Thanks

: )

If she turns 2 during your cruise, she should have no problem getting into Camp Carnival. In fact, if the site lets you register her already, then it's pretty safe to say you can get her into camp the first day they're open on the ship.

I'm not sure if they have any birthday-specific freebies, but when my 3-year-old was on the Glory last month, she would have a different freebie each time I picked her up. At orientation on board, she got a Camp Carnival rubik's cube. Throughout the week, she'd come out with a new T-shirt (that she got to color), a photo/memory book, a nice Carnival backpack, and all sorts of crafts she made herself.

She even had a smiley face cookie waiting on her pillow the first night with a "glad you joined us" note from Camp.

One of our sea days, my mom took Alyssa to camp during their "closed for lunch" times so that she could do a Build-A-Bear activity. ($20 extra for the basic animal, a few dollars more for each add-on accessory or change of clothing). It might be a nice birthday treat for your little one the day of her birthday. Each animal includes a birth certificate, so your daughter can create a friend with the same birthday as her. :)

Barb, just try it. Not everyone is on cruise critic. :D So you know much more than most of the parents getting on that ship and putting their kids in Camp Carnival. So do the pre-registration and just take it with you and I would SAY NOTHING. :D The paper should be able to do the talking for you. ;)

And yes, they told me if the cruise started on Monday and the child's 2nd birthday was on Wednesday, then the child would have to wait to Wednesday to join camp. BUT, this pre-register thing is all new. So if it says the child is 2, then the child is 2. :D:D

You can choose to mention a birthday, then the dining room waiters will sing, no charge. ;)

I had the same issue with them rounding up my kids' ages. My son turns 9 on the last full day of the cruise. He says he would rather be with the 6-8 year olds than the 9-11 year olds. Is he stuck in that group as that is how they already have him listed? My daughter was also rounded up even though her birthday is not for another month after the cruise (hers doesn't change the group she's in)! What's up with that?

I had the same issue with them rounding up my kids' ages. My son turns 9 on the last full day of the cruise. He says he would rather be with the 6-8 year olds than the 9-11 year olds. Is he stuck in that group as that is how they already have him listed? My daughter was also rounded up even though her birthday is not for another month after the cruise (hers doesn't change the group she's in)! What's up with that?

I would recommend not pre-registering in your case.

My oldest was turning 9 right after our Feb cruise, I opted to keep her in the 6-8 (as she wanted).

When you go in, register him in the 6-8 year old group. No need to move him up unless you want him to.

Archived