Fins and Flippers or Tabyana

Romoad

We have just returned and we loved Fins and Flippers..it was so very clean and close to ship..20 minutes..from ship to island. It was just so beautiful we hated to leave. They had fresh water pool and wonderful food. We would go again with no thought at all..lots of shade and sun available. Lots of monkey's and birds and great snorkel!:) One of the cheapest days we have ever spent with so much to offer.

:):)I agree! We (my husband, two college age kids and I) just returned from the 5/24 Valor cruise and based on Cruise Citic reveiws spent our day on Islan Roatan at Fins and Flippers. Within 20 minutes of departing the ship we were on their boat and on the way to the island. It was absolutely paradise! Very quiet, beautiful beach to sun on, and excellent snorkeling until we couldn't snorkel any more. We had a leisurely lunch (excellent food too!) and it was only $20 for the transport and a day on the island. They have a new visitors center and very clean, air conditioned rest rooms. The cost of lunch was very reasonable and we could not have asked for a better day on Isla Roatan.

Fins and Flippers is also a rescue preserve for animals. They have taken sea lions from an aquarium in St. Martin that was flattened by a hurricane, as well as rescue exotic animals from "private collections" and we got to get close to take pictures of a jaguar, "Ozzie" the ocelot, tucans,

orangutans, and several other animals. The zoo keeper came down and told us all about the animals and it was just an amazing place.

We would definitely return to Fins & Flippers and thank the Cruise Critic members that recommended it.

We, too, went to Fins and Flippers in early June and love it. It's very peaceful and quite...not a party place. It's very beautiful and there's a restaurant/bar at the pool area. We had a very restful day there and it's easy to get to. You can see it from the ship. Once off the ship, go through the terminal and head out to your right. The boat that takes you over is not very far from the terminal.

I wrote a review when we got back, but it was removed 'cause we can't post reviews...here are pictures (hopefully they will leave this up long enough for you to see them): 2049817640097872471eBGIAb_th.jpg

I debated when considering the same two choices for my November cruise. For me, it came down to A.) the pictures of the beach at Tabayana, B.) the reports of the excellent snorkeling at Tabayana (from what I've read, it's kind of far and tricky to get to the good snorkeling at F&F), and the fact that I actually WANTED to see some of the countryside of Roatan that we'll pass on the way to Tabayana.

Archived