Mexican buffet on Carnival Victory

From someone who grew up in San Diego and lives in Texas this was the worst Mexican food I have ever seen and tasted. I don't mean to be so harsh but when you have euorpean chef's trying to cook mexican food, it just didn't work. Hope your's is better.

On the Victory it was Tuesday night. The food was good, tacos, enchiladas, the normal stuff. In the Welcome Aboard show Malcolm Burn warned not to take the elevators back afterwards...due to all the gas people would have from the refried beans. :D

Could you make burritos? What kinds of meat did they have. Also any sauces?

Thanks for all your help!

Do you really expect this buffet to taste like authentic mexican food. Come on, what did you expect. As long as it was tasty and presented in a nice way, relax. After spending many years buying in the mission district of San Francisco I don't expect anyone to come close to that food either.

Jim

I live in Texas, so I have to agree - not the best we've ever had, but for a ship and a buffet, we both thought it was pretty decent.

Not much on the sauce side - just some sour cream, guac (that was not so great), salsa (much like Pace, but not) and pico with no jalapenos in it (though I'm still not sure how you actually call it pico without the jalapenos, but whatever).

The Mexican buffet on our cruise (was just May 24-31, 2009 on Victory) was on Wednesday night after Barbados.

My husband had been craving enchiladas. He was able to semi-satisfy his craving, but we had to go eat them after we got home because to be honest, the enchiladas on the buffet were probably the worst thing on it. :( Again, we're two Texans. You might love them.

Archived