Paradise Beach and Taxis

kabado

We were at Paradise Beach last week. The weather was gorgeous as was the water. I was a little disappointed at how crowded it was (reminded the ex New Yorker in me of Jones Beach when I was a kid), but there was plenty of room in the water and reasonable on the beach. Not bad considering how many ships are in port.

We had some nachos, but didn't get to taste the guacamole because they ran out. Asked to meet Paradise Tom, but he didn't get in before we had to leave. The service was great as was the food (although not cheap).

The taxis were having races to return to the ship. We were going over 110 KM per hour on the narrow 2 lane road when another taxi PASSED us. It seems the drivers are anxious to take you back so they can return for another fare.

However, we lived through it and thought Cozumel was a beautiful part of Mexico. This is the first time of our 3 visits that we didn't arrive by boat tour and got to see a small (very small) part of the island other than the beach. We will definitely return and see more some time.

Archived