Does anyone have recent photos or observations for Splendour

I am considering booking a 7-day round trip cruise out of Venice on the Splendour for this fall (2009), and am looking for any recent photos and/or observations of the ship. How has she held up over the years? I don't expect brand new but I am hoping to find feedback that RCCL has taken care of her. I think the last refurbishment was done in 2006.

Also, for the balcony cabins, is it glass or steel under the handrail?

Any info would be appreciatied.

Thanks.

We sailed the Splendour on the repo from Lisbon to Venice this year. Splendour is a great ship for the cruise.It has a great ratio of guests to the size of the ship. It was in great shape with the polish and primp in all the right places.The only thing that has to be replaced is the mini golf and that is the only down side. The crew was FANTASTIC and the best we have encounted on RCCL. Young and energenic and eager to please. Food was fresh and inviting with the King and I dining room perfect fro the Med. with it's full wall glass as well as the lunch and breakfast being in the front of the ship giving you a great view of the ports. Walls on the balcony decks are glass. That cruise out and in of Venice is as good as it gets.The cruise you speak of is such a port intensive cruise that the bells and whistles of the Freedom class would probably go unused anyways.

To us this ship was great and we are going to rebook your cruise in the future.Wishing you a great cruise.:D

Here are two pictures. The balconies are glass. I took both of these photos the day we returned to Venice while eating gelato and wishing we were sailing on the Splendour again. Instead we went to Rome for a week. LOL!

IMG_0912.jpg.ed30ee889528faf7d2e1ca6207616568.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg.90ff4f74c4e62b77ab820a6ff83c0dbc.jpg

grand isle joe and ms8654,

Thank you for your comments and photos. They were very helpful. Right now it is a toss up between this 7-day rtn out of Venice or a 10-day rtn (on the Celebrity Solstice) out of Rome. I have always wanted to go to Venice so the convenience of jumping onto a ship after a few days in Venice is very appealing.

I am partial to RCCL, but my wife prefers Celebrity. Both itineraries go to the Eastern Meditteranean. I am not sure on which ship we will end up on. But I am sure it will be on one of these two.

Thank you.

grand isle joe and ms8654,

Thank you for your comments and photos. They were very helpful. Right now it is a toss up between this 7-day rtn out of Venice or a 10-day rtn (on the Celebrity Solstice) out of Rome. I have always wanted to go to Venice so the convenience of jumping onto a ship after a few days in Venice is very appealing.

I am partial to RCCL, but my wife prefers Celebrity. Both itineraries go to the Eastern Meditteranean. I am not sure on which ship we will end up on. But I am sure it will be on one of these two.

Thank you.

Venice is truely an amazing city and we long to return. Which ever you choose wishing you and yours a wonderful cruise.:D

Archived