Flavored Tequila and where to get it??

BURNS1

I have heard on other threads about flavored tequila. What flavors does it come in and where do you find it? Is it one that you sip or is it better in mixes? About how much does it cost? Where is the best place to get a good price on tequila or is it pretty standardized? Lots of questions I know but thanks in advance.

On our last cruise this past November, Carnival had flavored rums at 3 bottles for $24. They were good sized bottles and came in unusual flavors like Mango, Key Lime, and Tangerine. They made great gifts for our friends back home and didn't cost much either. We still have a little Mango Rum left over and it tastes great in fruit flavored drinks like punch or juice.:)

I can't remember if they had any flavored tequilas on board, sorry. But on our RCI cruise in January, they also had the same flavored rums at a similar price.;) And the good thing about buying liquer on board a cruise is that they hold it for you until the end of the cruise. So you don't have to worry about stowing it away somewhere, or losing it.

Well, I don't know if this is going to help at all, because I can't remember the name of the place -- but, in Playa del Carmen, near the southern end of the Quintas Avenida (5th Ave.) shopping area, there was a general-store type market with pareos, et al, displayed in front on the west side of the street. In the middle of the store was a sitting area around a coffee table filled with open bottles of tequila for sampling. There were a number of flavored ones, which were surprisingly good, and available on surrounding shelves.

About the only similar thing I've seen Stateside is Tequila Rose, which is strawberry-flavored.

A new bar/restaurant opened a few weeks ago next to Acquario restaurant at the traffic light on 11th ave. It's called Tequila Lounge 1.5 and it gave out lots of free samples the night we were there. Not sure if it's open during the day, but they have the flavoured tequila that you are looking for. I dimly remember orange, coffee, and like a tequila/Baileys flavour. There were others, but I wasn't paying attention!

Also if you're driving straight across to the other side of the island, you'll see a teqila "plantation" of sorts where a guide will explain how tequila is made, show you around the exhibits of the history of tequila...that sort of thing. They also have flavoured tequilas for sale. They'll want $15USD for the tour, but just tell them that you want to check out the tequila. Remember, this info is only if you happen to be driving by, don't make a special trip from town. Hope this helps!

Went for a walk yesterday down to Cinco Soles. While they have a great assortment of tequilas, it turns out they only have 3 flavored tequilas, piña colada (pineapple/coconut), cappuchino and coconut. They are $22 for 750ml. I'll swing by Cactus some time this week and check out their choices.

Archived