CCL Powerboat & Beach Escape

Miss Dot

We did this one about 3 years ago and it was a blast. At that time they had a little beach buffet set up I think near passion island and it was nice to escape the crowd. The boats were fun and the guide let my kid drive so you can imagine how excited he was. We would recommend that tour definitely!

Thanks....we are looking forward to this one. Only problem is we have 3 so there will be the odd man out

We did this excursion in 2005 and again in 2007. They pick you up at the pier and load you into taxis for a 15 minute ride to their beach on the north end of the island. They give you a quick orientation to the boats and go over the hand signals they use. They use about 10 boats with each tour and they have a guide as the leader and another trailing to deal with any mechanical issues. The ride is 30-45 minutes to a beach that looked much nicer in 2005 before the hurricane. You spend about 30-45 minutes swimming and then head back to the starting point. When you get back there is a decent mexican buffet and sodas and about another hour to eat and enjoy the trampoline. They load you back into taxis for the ride back to the pier. Be aware that depending on the sea conditions the ride can be rough on your back. They also run you by a photographer and have copies printed before you leave. I think we paid $25 for the picture that is posted below. We've done it twice so we obviously think it's great fun.

There were 7 of us and the guide agreed to give one of us a boat on his own, so he did not have to ride with a stranger. We changed teams during the break and all worked out fine. I guess the guide was Pedro...he was awesome and they put an additional boat into the water so that one of us did not have to team up with somebody else.

That is good to know....hopefully we will get as lucky. Having a 19 year old 6'4" 240 lb..I know he would prefer to be byhimself; and he will want to drive!

THANKS...and keep your fingers crossed for us.

We did this excursion in 2005 and again in 2007. They pick you up at the pier and load you into taxis for a 15 minute ride to their beach on the north end of the island. They give you a quick orientation to the boats and go over the hand signals they use. They use about 10 boats with each tour and they have a guide as the leader and another trailing to deal with any mechanical issues. The ride is 30-45 minutes to a beach that looked much nicer in 2005 before the hurricane. You spend about 30-45 minutes swimming and then head back to the starting point. When you get back there is a decent mexican buffet and sodas and about another hour to eat and enjoy the trampoline. They load you back into taxis for the ride back to the pier. Be aware that depending on the sea conditions the ride can be rough on your back. They also run you by a photographer and have copies printed before you leave. I think we paid $25 for the picture that is posted below. We've done it twice so we obviously think it's great fun.

WOW...we can't wait. THANKS for the warning on the back....hopefully the water will not be too rough....since I have a bad back!

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case someone else reads this...we are back from our cruise. We could not have asked for a better time on these boats. We had a blast and our son did get his own boat! Thanks for the help. If anyone reads this wandering if they should try this excrusion...YES

• 8 months later...

Was their a place to store belongings, or a waterproof box on the boat? We rode in similar boats in st. maarten (they were inflatable though), and they each had a waterproof storage compartment under the seat where we could stash money and cameras.

Archived