beaches at st t/st j?

Snowbuddy

we will be stopping at st thomas in October, w/ our 18-month-old DD...we have always loved Trunk Bay in the past, and would not hesitate to head over to St John's again this time...should we stick w/ Trunk Bay, or try something new? what recommendations would you have? I would prefer a beach that would have some shade available, so that DD & I can hang out there while DH snorkels for a bit. TIA!

We did Sapphire Beach and there was some shade available but the sand was dirty w/ leaves and stuff from the trees and there were lots of rocks near the water. I have a one year old and a three year old and I'm not sure if this is a beach I would take them to, too much debris on the beach.

I know you were asking for opinions on where to, so this may be helpful on where not to go.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are heading back to St. John you could try Cinnamon Bay if you want something new. It has restrooms, food/drink, watersports, natural shade. The facilities there closed for a month in the off season - pretty sure its in September and not October but if you decide to go there you should make sure the facilities are open - check their website http://www.cinnamonbay.com/ or give them a call.

Or you can stay on St. Thomas and head to the beach there: try a beach guide for St. Thomas for options: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=st.+thomas+beach+guide&aq=f&oq=&aqi=.

--Islander

Archived