p and o mail shots

cheekyscouse

It goes both ways though....I'm a P&O cruiser and get mailshots from OV begging for business!

I don't really mind......OV doesn't appeal to me as I like the whole dressing for dinner thing but then it never hurts to see what else is on offer!!!

yeah, I'm getting them. It looks like they have merged the mailing lists of Ov and Pando passengers.

They are aggresively targetting OV cruisers which as can be seen on other threads isn't going to work!

Here's the latest I got:

CARIBBEAN ISLANDS WITH 10% DOUBLE ONLINE DISCOUNTDOUBLE on board spending money* up to £300 per couple on bookings made between 8.30am 1 July to midnight 2 July 2009 Click here to view the list of cruises on offer ,

If you’ve been waiting for the right time to book your first holiday with us, it’s now. Or to be precise, it’s between 8.30am on Wednesday 1 July and midnight on Thursday 2 July.

Book any of Ventura’s selected Caribbean holidays during this time and you can enjoy DOUBLE on board spending money. That’s up to £300 per couple to spend purely on indulgences - your accommodation, all meals in the silver-service main restaurants, food courts and daytime grills, plus daytime activities, children’s clubs and evening entertainment are all included in your fare. Plus, by booking online you’ll save an additional 10%.

But Ventura isn’t the only ship to benefit from this exceptional saving. During July we’ve a whole host of holidays on offer all across the fleet. From traditional cruise experiences to contemporary holidays at sea, there’s never been a better time to travel.

Remember – book between 8.30am Wednesday 1 July and midnight on Thursday 2 July to enjoy DOUBLE on board spending money on selected Ventura Caribbean holidays.

Click here to view the list of cruises on offer

spacer.gif

Well even with the above discounts I doubt you could even afford a good P&O cruise so at least that will keep the riff-raff away.

Yes we P&O types are still getting OV mailshots which we DO NOT WANT, so tit for tat eh?

Well even with the above discounts I doubt you could even afford a good P&O cruise so at least that will keep the riff-raff away.

Yes we P&O types are still getting OV mailshots which we DO NOT WANT, so tit for tat eh?

Actually, for 2010 OV prices are currently higher on a like for like basis than P&O as they have a much greater demand due to the reduction in the fleet.

I've been costing up alternatives for my sisters 40th, we need 3 Balcony cabins in total, the price for 3 on Ventura is the same as 2 cabins on OV1 :confused:

A very mature and well considered response. We're all proud of you. :rolleyes:

I should think this post has done more to stop anyone cruising with P&O than anything I've ever written...

Sir Martin

I don't think anyone will take Janey's post seriously or as being typically representative of a P and O client. Definately no offence on my part as a regular OV cruiser as it is too laughable to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately, Janey, there is no direct correlation between household wealth and standards of behaviour and any viewpoint suggesting otherwise is simplistically niaive.

I don't think anyone will take Janey's post seriously or as being typically representative of a P and O client. Definately no offence on my part as a regular OV cruiser as it is too laughable to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately, Janey, there is no direct correlation between household wealth and standards of behaviour and any viewpoint suggesting otherwise is simplistically niaive.

I have to agree with you there H-A. I'm sure most P&O clients are well balanced reasonable people, as indeed the majority OV passengers seem to be.

I quote Janey's post of 3 January 2009 which can be seen here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17529186&highlight=#post17529186

"Don't know where the idea that OV is going "bust" came from. It is a very profitable organisation and is being replaced by 3 larger newer ships, Ventura, Oceana and Azura so Carnival will be making even more money. Most of the comments re OV come from people who have never been on an OV cruise. I have and really liked it but only on OV1, a smaller ship. No way would I ever go on one of the newer ones with 3000 people, no thanks! I was on the Oriana in November and when the captain (at his "cocktail party") announced that OV was going and his announcement was given loud cheers and clapping. Very poor taste I thought, but then that cruise did have some of the most bad mannered and miserable people I have ever encountered on a cruise ship"

It would that appear she enjoyed being one of the "riff-raff" on OV1 as well as being a "P&O type".

Cool Cruiser?

Crazy Mixed-up Cruiser :D - best ignored...

Craig, and other OV passengers on this p&o board,

I know one thing you wanted was a cruise ship that sailed from the Med like OV does now and pando doesn't. Well, I have just read that pando sent a survey out recently asking if pando pax would like a ship based in the Med!" Looks like you may get your wish, I bet that Ventura or Oceana goes to the Med after 2010 when OV have finished!! these 2 ships are already being set up for the relaxed cruisers, with freedom dining and no semi-formal nights....

watch this space.

Craig, and other OV passengers on this p&o board,

I know one thing you wanted was a cruise ship that sailed from the Med like OV does now and pando doesn't. Well, I have just read that pando sent a survey out recently asking if pando pax would like a ship based in the Med!" Looks like you may get your wish, I bet that Ventura or Oceana goes to the Med after 2010 when OV have finished!! these 2 ships are already being set up for the relaxed cruisers, with freedom dining and no semi-formal nights....

watch this space.

Thanks for the heads up Sue. Will wait and see..

If you have seen the CC news article OV has started a "dress-up in your best if you like" champagne evening.

Actually, for 2010 OV prices are currently higher on a like for like basis than P&O as they have a much greater demand due to the reduction in the fleet.
I don't think it has anything to do with a reduction in fleet size, after the frist season OV did become comparatively expensive. As I have said before we thoroughly enjoyed our cruise on OV and would gladly have booked again but every single time I have started to compare prices I have been able to find a better deal on P&O and/or Princess and sometimes even Celebrity.

Why would I pay more for less? I get better food, better service and better entertainment on P&O for less money .. altogether much better value.

Archived