Airport to port transfer question

Debbbiee

I have a couple of questions & I'm hoping someone may be able to help.

So I bought a transfer from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Port. My plane comes in super early, 6:15 A.M. So how does the transfer work? What do I show as proof of purchase, what time do I meet the driver and where? I'm assuming I'll have a long wait since I get in so early. Will I receive anything with this information prior to the cruise?

Thanks for any info.

Deb

I have a couple of questions & I'm hoping someone may be able to help.

So I bought a transfer from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Port. My plane comes in super early, 6:15 A.M. So how does the transfer work? What do I show as proof of purchase, what time do I meet the driver and where? I'm assuming I'll have a long wait since I get in so early. Will I receive anything with this information prior to the cruise?

Thanks for any info.

Deb

I am pretty sure that your transfer (bus) will not be there at 7:00am. They know how many pax are arriving during the day so I would guess that they wait until not only you can get to the Port to check in but they have enough pax to be on the bus.

When you get your documents they will have your transfer tickets on them. Just give the ticket to the driver and you are on your way to having some fun.

Have a great cruise.

We flew into FLL and sailed out of Miami just this past April. Once you get off of the plane, you will have to head to the baggage claim area. Right at the bottom of the escalators, you should see a ton of cruise ship people from all the various companies. The Carnival ones should have signs and they will have name tags. Hopefully they will be there that early!! My guess is they will be.

After you grab your luggage, they will give you a colored card with a number on it. When there are enough people to fill up the bus, they will gather up your group. You may be waiting awhile because your flight does come in pretty early! We chose the paper documents---it had a transfer slip printed in it. If you do edocs, I am sure there is one printed there too. They will collect that from you, and take you to the bus. Ours loaded quite a ways down from the baggage area. You get on the bus----and off you go to the port! It didn't seem like it took that long to get there---maybe about 30 mins. The bus will drop you off right next to your terminal. At that point, the porters will be waiting to take your large pieces of luggage. Then you go and wait to check in!

Thank you both. I did find the transfer in my documents. CruiseLover, your info was so thorough you completely eased my mind :D

No problem! I know that when I travel, I always like to be well informed so there are no surprises! Glad I could help! :)

Archived