Student Discounts-ISIC

Greetings Fellow Cruisers,

Anyone have experience with student discounts on tours/museums etc. in the Baltics and London? I am trying to decide if it is worth $22 each to purchase them for my college student son and high school student son. Some of the tours/museums say discounts with student ID-I was wondering if their school ID's are sufficient or if they have to have the official International Student Identification Card. Anastasia Tours in St. Petersburg says "ISIC" in some spots on their website and in others just "student ID" for a $40 discount. Three years ago when we traveled in Europe their school ID's were sufficient but I don't know if places have become more strict with regards to this policy.

I'd e-mail Anastasia and ask if their school ID's will be ok.

In 2005 & 2007 my DD's student ID sufficed to get us into anywhere we went in the Baltics and in the UK. My DD is 27yr and looks like her freshman college photo (hasn't aged in looks one bit!). Luckily, her college ID and her grad school ID (different university) have no expiration dates, so she still uses it; doesn't go anywhere without it! (its ok, she's still "legal", because she takes on-line courses..a perpetual student!) The vendors think she's travelling with her grandmother, because I am old enough to take advantage of the senior discounts...we ask for one student and one senior pass/ticket (and, yes, I do have to show my ID, too!:cool:).

We are using Anastasia on our August tour of St. Petersburg, and I did ask her about the ISIC vs. a student ID. She stated that her discount is only on the international student id card. A regular student ID is not eligible for the discount. I can not help regarding any other countries or museums. I hope I helped answer your question.

We just returned from the Baltics. We used student discounts and often family discounts wherever we went. Never had to show the college or high school id's. We were never questioned. We had a private SP tour with SPB Tours and had a discount on those tours, less $75 per student. We brought along and they used my daughters id's (high school and college) when they purchased tickets, but never needed the international id. Perhaps if you do SP on your own they may be more strict, through our private tour guide it was never an issue.

Hope this helps!

I'd e-mail Anastasia and ask if their school ID's will be ok.

In 2005 & 2007 my DD's student ID sufficed to get us into anywhere we went in the Baltics and in the UK. My DD is 27yr and looks like her freshman college photo (hasn't aged in looks one bit!). Luckily, her college ID and her grad school ID (different university) have no expiration dates, so she still uses it; doesn't go anywhere without it! (its ok, she's still "legal", because she takes on-line courses..a perpetual student!) The vendors think she's travelling with her grandmother, because I am old enough to take advantage of the senior discounts...we ask for one student and one senior pass/ticket (and, yes, I do have to show my ID, too!:cool:).

I've done the exact same thing. I use my college student ID (that has no expiration date on it), I'm now 29, without getting the international ID card and I've never had a problem. I always get the student discount (and yes, I actually still do take extension classes at night through the same school - so still technically a student).

And like the post that I've quoted, my parents use the senior discount. So it's always 1 student/2 seniors. And my parents have never been asked for their IDs.

Hi Happy Cruiser,

$40 per student. We are a group of 10 (2 of them students). Alla who we are not using offered me $75 per student which I find interesting. When are you cruising in August? We are on the RCCL Jewel of the Seas sailing on August 9th.

Hi Greek 50,

Thanks for your info. We are on the Aug 4 sailing of the Emerald Princess. We will be in St. Petersburg on Aug 8 and 9. Sounds like we will

be there a little earlier than your group. We have 11 in our group, 2 are

students. Have a great cruise!

I just returned from the Baltics and also toured with Anastasia, but I never even thought of asking her for the student discount for my two kids! Wish this thread had come up before I left!

As for other places, we received student discount at the Vasa Museum and at the Schwerin Castle without having to show id, but the Rosenberg Castle wouldn't give it to us without an id (we had not thought of carrying their student ids along).

Archived