Lost property

BlueVinney

We've recently returned from a S'ton-S'ton cruise on QV and now realise that we may have left an item in the cabin. Cunard have given us a S'ton phone number but that is not answered.

Has anyone recovered something they have left in their cabin and have any tips or suggestions for us - other than 'take more care packing'?

Hi! Depends what it is that you leave behind. We left a lovely washbag which included a brand new pot of creme de la mer (seriously), plus various bits a pieces in the washbag that added up to quite a lot of money - on the QM2 last year. The response we got back was that any personal/toiletries will be discarded for hygene reasons - cameras etc can be claimed back.

Next time I'm on, I'll be looking out for a cabin steward with skin like a 15 year old...

Gary

Half the trouble with lost property is that it costs "them" to return it, I know its not much, Why not offer to refund the postage somehow and try again.

If its only something like a phone charger, it might just be easier to buy a new one?

I never fail to be surprised by what guests leave behind in hotel rooms:eek:

I never fail to be surprised by what guests leave behind in hotel rooms:eek:

Yep, try your new husband's wedding ring on honeymoon in NYC ....

Cunard and Hilton were stars - found the ring, sent it home on next EB crossing and returned it to Blackpool - no charge.

It took some chasing up, so keep trying.

I've had a good response too from lost property, who returned a picture in a frame that I had on display in my cabin. And had left behind.

I emailed the hotel director himself on board, but that was on QE2 and such facilities are no longer available.....

Archived