Boarding time/procedure....

CruisinMatt

Hi all,

What type of boarding time and procedure can I expect in St Thomas? We are scheduled to set sail at 6PM. If I purchase the Seabourn transfer, what time do you think they would be picking us up at the hotel and would we be "holed-up" somewhere for a few hours.......?? :confused:

Thanks!!

Normally..you ask the hotel for late check out...at least to have the concierge care for you bags. The boarding time is usually 3pm...pick up depends on how much time to the airport. Shopping in St. Thomas is fun..you might want to spend some time at that sport!

Hi LaPaloma, that is sort of my issue, it would be nice to shop until it's time for boarding, which I am assuming is near the pier or downtown anyway, but we may not be staying nearby. I'd like to transfer so that we don't have to deal with the luggage but would hate to have to sit and wait at the hotel until they pick us up....

Perhaps SB can give you a better answer. I just know that St Thomas has a lot of traffic these days...so it depends upon the times of day and the location of your hotel. Also...know that there are GYPSY cabs there and that can be dangerous....ask at the hotel which are safe!

• 1 month later...

We have just booked on the Seabourn Legend on her March 27 Atlantic crossing from St. Thomas to Lisbon. Can anyone tell us where the ship will dock in St. Thomas and what time you can book in and procedures ? Any further information regarding how many formal nights etc, would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you in advance.

matt~~~you may want to call Blue Lagoon and ask which pier.....there are two.

As to check in, I think you can board around 2 o'clock. Your suite may not be ready but they will direct you up to the Restaurant on Deck 7 or you may want to "sip sometin' cool" at the Sky Bar. They will have the "Sail-a-bration" there.

tojofo~~~there will be three formal nights on your Transatlantic voyage.

You Legend-ites have fun! We'll be disembarking in Lisbon on March 27th...that's Easter Sunday!

Happy Trails and Sails!

Martita

tojofo~~~~WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!

I must warn you.......Once Seabourn, always Seabourn! You are in for a real treat! Wonderful food, wine.....and the service is always perfect! You'll meet fellow guests that will be " Amigos Para Siempre"........and the voyage will be life changing!

Another bigggg surprise! Eric DeGrey will be your cruise director AND your Broadway entertainer! He's 6******! We've been great friends for several years. Also, Guy Sharp will be the Hotel Manager.........super fellow! He's been on the Queen Mary2 as F/B Manager......we're thrilled to have him "home" where he belongs! (you may tell him I said that......hahaha)

Have fun and again, we welcome you to our Seabourn Sailing Family!

Martita B.

Archived