Hotel Room Prices

woodhaven

We are sailing with RCL Rhapsody of the Sea from Vancouver to Hawaii and will end our 12 night cruise in Honolulu on September 28th. We would love to add an extra few nights and have been looking at various hotel room prices. Interested in the Waikiki Outrigger but can only find rooms there for $400 per night. Any advise on sites offering more reasonable rates would be fantastic - we sure could use some help. Thanks

Hi, we will be on the same cruise. We booked the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel for 2 nights for 214 US$. There are some good reviews about this hotel on the Trip Advisor web site. I think that now it is about 250US$ for 2 nights, which is cheap for Waikiki. Hope this helps. :)

Priceline! :)

I've always been reluctant to try priceline, hotwire, etc... with my luck I'll end up with a dumpy hotel way off the beaten path next to the dumpster...

Can you specify what level/type of hotel? Hyatt, Hilton, etc?

With Priceline, it's important to note that there are two different areas to it: the traditional booking engine (which quotes specific prices - I think that's what woodhaven was looking at) and the Name Your Own Price area, which is where the true savings occur.

Yes, you designate a geographic area and quality level for your bids. I'd recommend going to http://www.biddingfortravel.com and http://www.betterbidding.com to see what other bidders have received. It really helps to know what hotels are in which zones at what levels and what recent bids have been successful. There's an art to Priceline, but it can result in huge savings when you unlock it.

We fly into Honolulu on the 26th sept and stay for 3 nights before we sail out on the Sun Princess back to Australia. We are staying at the Park Shore Waikiki an Aqua Hotel. It is directly across the road from Waikiki Beach and we paid $377AUD for 3 nights for 2 x Adults. Through Expedia.

Thanks for the info. I have checked out the Aston Waikiki Beach and it looks lovely - however Priceline are quoting $296 per night. Who did you book the hotel room through?

We booked directly through the hotel web site. When we booked, the price was 95 US$ for one night. Now, it's 129 US$, which is still a good price.

Good luck :)

http://www.astonhotels.com/aston/specialOffers/AstonOahuHotelDeals.do

With Priceline, it's important to note that there are two different areas to it: the traditional booking engine (which quotes specific prices - I think that's what woodhaven was looking at) and the Name Your Own Price area, which is where the true savings occur.

Yes, you designate a geographic area and quality level for your bids. I'd recommend going to www.biddingfortravel.com and www.betterbidding.com to see what other bidders have received. It really helps to know what hotels are in which zones at what levels and what recent bids have been successful. There's an art to Priceline, but it can result in huge savings when you unlock it.

The two bidding "help" sites also have lists available showing what hotels people have reported getting for the different star levels. This helps give you an idea of what hotel you might get. You can also go to the hotels website to compare what the rate would be to book direct for the dates you are staying. This helps give an idea on what to bid on Priceline (I start at about 30% and work my way up).

I generally make a booking direct as a "backup" that can be canceled. But I've been happy with the money I've saved using Priceline. If you want the best view or a specific hotel you'll need to book direct. But you really can save 50% or more off booking directly with the hotel.

:D:Dour favorite all time waikiki hotel for a reasonable price is called the 'waikiki resort hotel'. it's about 1/2 block from the beach and runs about $100 or less per night. it's just a basic room with a balcony and fridge, but saves a few dollars for other things. it's on the corner of koa and liliuokalani. i've even stayed there by myself when hubby got delayed and had to fly over later. felt perfectly safe. when you walk out of lobby and look to the right you're looking at the ocean. great location!!!

Just wondering, is the Waikiki Resort Hotel" the priceline name for the hotel you like? I've used hotwire, but never bid on either that or priceline. Any tips are greatly appreciated. I know about and have read info on better bidding and bidding for travel sites. We're not going until next March so haven't actually booked anything. I also want to know when rates come out for 2010. It seems the hotel sites have no special rates into 2010. The offers all end in Dec. 2009. Any insights are greatly appreciated. The site has been a wealth of info. When we did our last 2 Caribbean cruises, CC was a great resource, plus we met a great group of CC friends on the ships.

i've never used any of the hotel.com/priceline/hotwire type of sites. i have booked waikiki resort hotel thru their own website. i've tried to look up 'wrh' in different sites like webshots and flickr and get all kinds of different hotels because the searches seem to focus on the individual words instead of it as the name of the hotel. waikiki resort hotel has a good website with pics that pretty accurately show the facility. let me know if you have any other ???. i've got a few pics on my myspace, but not sure if i can give that info here.:)

Thanks for the info. I have checked out the Aston Waikiki Beach and it looks lovely - however Priceline are quoting $296 per night. Who did you book the hotel room through?

Just a little FYI about your price of the Aston. We booked the room with breakfast for 109 a night

We have never used the bidding sites but recently got a five star hotel for a much lower rate then was posted on their website by going thru AAA agent. We saved over $43 nite from best rate online even factoring in Govt employee or advance booking rate.

:)let me know what you think. i was on their site last night and their rates for the summer are a smidge higher than in october when we usually travel, but they do give discount for aaa/aarp. aloha!!!

:) i don't remember there being in-room coffee, but directly across the street is a sidewalk coffee stand that opens @ 7a.m. i always get coffee there and take it down to the beach where there are benches to sit on and watch the waves and early morning surfers.

the website now has 360 views and you can see how close you are (it's actually closer than it looks to the beach, and you can see the sidewalk umbrellas where the coffee stand is).

We too booked with Aston Waikiki directly through their website.

An ocean balcony room for $190, but it is only for one night (a Friday, though!)

That includes their "world famous" "Breakfast On the Beach (a bright red cooler that you can fill will breakfast goodies) so that you can walk across the street and have breakfast on Waikiki beach.

We've never seen it, or been there, but for one night......the choices were just too endless, and I am not the kind to allow loose strings....

One thing, though, they have been great about communicating...We've received 3 e-mails from them, and a nice card.

Hi, Woodhaven:

I do not know where you have been looking, but you should go to www.outrigger.com - the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach is offering rooms (city view) at $159 per night. We have booked this hotel for our pre-cruise on the Carnival Spirit on Sept. 26.

Please check it out - and have a wonderful time in paradise.

Hello

When i was in waikiki last year

I stayed at a hostel 3 blocks from the beach for only $16.00 a night

I stayed 10 nights for a total of $ 160.00 you cant beat it & was loads of fun

It is called the seaside hostel in waikiki

You can review & book form Hostel.com

I don't know your situation, but this was great for me & was very clean

met lots of really cool people from all over the world

Thanks, Deckgirl. I have the waikiki resort hotel on my list. I have a SLOW computer to work with at the moment, and when I get home I will probably book. The location looks great. We don't go until March and I hope to see some e-specials soon. This was a great help.

;)would love to know if you book this or any waikiki hotel thru any of the bidding sites and get it for even less than their web rate. we just hate to spend money on hotel rooms because we're never in them other than sleep and shower. march sounds like a long time from now, but it'll probably come and go waaayyy too quickly. aloha!

Hi Deckgirl, I just won a bid from Priceline for the Marriot Waikki Beach and spa for $125 per night in October. Didn't get even a higher price last week, so you just have to keep trying.

This is for my post cruise of two nights, I still have to book something for my six nights pre cruise, but likely will go a little down scale on that one, as it won't be as important to be close to beach etc. :cool:

Good luck!

Archived