Review - Paradise Beach...

robcool

I, my wife, and my two sons (12 and 14) were on the Carnival Miracle to Cozumel and stopped by Paradise Beach. Not having to pay the price of an excursion made it a great, inexpensive way to spend the day.

The cab ride from the Puerta Maya pier where Carnival docks was only $12 each way. It may be more from the other piers that are closer to downtown. We arrived about 10:00am, and the beach was just about empty. It got more full as the day went on, but when we left about 3:00pm there were still beach chairs available.

The beach is very clean, and free beach chairs with umbrellas are arranged neatly. $5 gets you access to all the water toys (iceberg, trampoline, snorkel equipment, and kayaks) for the day. If you buy the use of the toys they will put a wristband on you.

My boys had a great time using the water toys. I did some snorkeling that was great also. Go out beyond the water toys and look for some submerged concrete blocks for the best coral and fish. The water is very warm and the sand clean and soft.

The waiters were not pushy at all but there were plenty of them and the service was great. We decided on an order of chips and guacamole and an order of fries. The chips came with a huge bowl of guacamole, and the order of fries was plenty for two. The combination was plenty for the four of us. My wife and I also got a bucket of bear that had 5 bears for the price of 4, $12. The bucket had plenty of ice so the beer stayed nice and cold. There is also a covered restaurant that you can eat in if you like. The restrooms are clean and well tended.

Tom, I am sorry I did not get to meet you that day. You have a great beach, and if we are back in Cozumel you will see us there again! Thanks!

What are the water temperatures in Cozumel now? My DW, DDs and myself will be there on January 10th from the Triumph. Interested in spending the day on Paradise Beach to do a little sunning, swimming and snorkling. And the bucket of "bears" sounds good too! Any help is appreciated.

Going to Paradise Beach on the Miracle in Jan. Wondering about getting there with 6 people. LAst year we had 5 people and were able to get a larger cab that accommodated the 5 of us....are there cabs that will hold 6? can the 2 younger kids( 8 and 10) sit on the laps of the teens? Is this allowed? If we are in need of 2 cabs does it pay to rent a car? But from what I have read, cars, jeeps... only hold 4? Any cars to rent that hold 6?

They also have cab vans. We took one over to Carlos & Charlies and were charged the same amount a car cab would have cost.

robcool is right on with his review. My fiance and I were there on 12/18 and we had a great time. I LOVED my pineapple drink. It was great. We had nachos and they were also really good. Tom was making his rounds around the beach so I did get to meet him. The woman are right on about his looks!! Very nice looking guy! We had a wonderful day and would go there again if we are ever in Cozumel!

Katie

Archived