Was anyone on NCL's Dawn on June 24, 2009?

Ang in Miami

I have just learned that my dear friend, George, who had left Miami the first week of June on "Gringo", the sailing yacht I had watched him refit (rebuild) for 3 years, was picked up by Dawn around 3AM on June 24, 2009 and taken to Bermuda. There was much blood, sweat and tears in Gringo. He was headed to the Azores, Europe and then back to South America. This would have been his second global sailing adventure. I just read his captain's log, and the story was heartbreaking to me. He left Gringo with nothing but what he could carry in his arms. An entire lifetime and his home may still be floating out there. He had a large battery bank and two solar panels. He turned everything off except the bilge pumps and a strobe light. Hopefully, the solar panels can keep up and perhaps she may wash up on the shores of Europe in late September if the sea doesn't claim her first. If you have any photos of the rescue, could you please email them to me at Angela@SanctuaryCharteryacht.com? Thanks.

(Just in case the link doesn't appear - it's Angela at Sanctuarycharteryacht dot com). Thank you.

Ang

I have just learned that my dear friend, George, who had left Miami the first week of June on "Gringo", the sailing yacht I had watched him refit (rebuild) for 3 years, was picked up by Dawn around 3AM on June 24, 2009 and taken to Bermuda. There was much blood, sweat and tears in Gringo. He was headed to the Azores, Europe and then back to South America. This would have been his second global sailing adventure. I just read his captain's log, and the story was heartbreaking to me. He left Gringo with nothing but what he could carry in his arms. An entire lifetime and his home may still be floating out there. He had a large battery bank and two solar panels. He turned everything off except the bilge pumps and a strobe light. Hopefully, the solar panels can keep up and perhaps she may wash up on the shores of Europe in late September if the sea doesn't claim her first. If you have any photos of the rescue, could you please email them to me at Angela@SanctuaryCharteryacht.com? Thanks.

(Just in case the link doesn't appear - it's Angela at Sanctuarycharteryacht dot com). Thank you.

Ang

Search the NCL forum. Someone did post about that rescue from aboard ship and I believe they posted some pics.

Archived