Questions about Sky in October....

chief101

We are cruising the Sky Oct 19 2009 and I have some questions. We have cruised with Carnival before, but this is our first NCL. I have heard conflicting statements on whether this ship still has the midnite buffets (chocolate and grand). Also, my 2 yoa daughter will be going..I must admit Im a little stressed about leaving her in the kids program. anyone had any experiences with it? Im sure I have other ?s but, i cant think of them now. Ill be back. lol

Thanks

No grand midnight buffet. The buffet typically closes at 10:30-11:00 pm.

There usually is a Chocoholic Buffet on each cruise.

Don't have any experience with the Kids Crew program, although lots of posts here have been positive.

I don't have Kid's Crew experience with a younger child, but mine has always loved it, and the smaller kids I've seen there have always been very happy.

It is my understanding that there is NOT a chocoholic buffet on the Sky due to the fact that the cruises are shorter. When we were on the Dream, we asked why it was so late in the cruise and we were told it was because they spent all week working on it; with only two or three prep days I can see how it would be difficult to do on a shorter cruise.

There is currently a thread going started by someone who just returned from the Sky; perhaps they could answer the question about the chocoholic buffet. As for the Kid's Crew, I think it's a great program. Your daughter will most likely love it, but it's like anything else; there are some who just don't. If your daughter has any experience with kids' groups of any kind (preschool, daycare, etc.), you should have a fairly good idea of whether she'll be comfortable; if she is, I think there's a high likelihood that she'll have a great time at Kid's Crew. :)

We are booked on the Sky in December. Our NCL PCC said that there is a chocolate buffet. This was a question that I specifically asked him since we all love chocolate and are looking forward to the buffet.

Well I'm very glad to be wrong about that! I don't actually go, but my daughter LOVES it! :)

Archived