Roll Call-Carnival Triumph- Sep. 3, 2009- Canada

ducksoupforme

• 2 weeks later...
Hello ladies and gents!

My partner and I will be on this sailing. Anyone else?

I will be the one hiding in some corner while my partner is dancing like a lunatic (a lovable lunatic however) on the conga line.

Hey ducksoupforme! A friend and I just booked this cruise! (We're both gay, but just friends...)

I've been on a bunch of cruises (gay and mainstream) but this will be my first Carnival cruise. We wanted to go somewhere over Labor Day weekend, and this trip seemed convenient and affordable.

- Mike :-)

• 2 weeks later...
C'mon, Jake...you know you want to join us! Cabins are still available... :-)

Ha ha! Peer pressure - I love it! :D I can't take the Thursday and the Friday off. I could possibly do the Friday but if I did both a note from a doctor would be needed. Do you know a doctor?? :D

OK, this is simply wacky.

6 billion people on this planet and PhilaMike and I (and our travel companions) are the only gay people booked on this cruise?

Mike - looks like you and I have a lot of fabulousness to spread next week!

Then I better pack an extra pair of heels! ;-)

Bon Voyage boys! Have a safe trip out there and wave to me when you're going by Boston / Ogunquit, Maine this weekend! :D

Thanks, Jake! Enjoy your land-based Labor Day weekend. :-)

Duck, see you at one of the FODs? (What's your name?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry we missed each other. I looked for people that resembled your picture but didn't see you.

We didn't make it to the CC gathering that first morning - I actually slept in until 11am. I haven't slept that late in many years!

We also never made it to a FOD gathering - although I was very glad to see so many of them on the schedule.

I just read your review of the ship. Great review! Amazingly, we also had lunch at Billy's -I don't know how we didn't catch up with you. We were there around 2pm (ship time) and sat inside.

Hopefully we'll find ourselves on the same ship in the future and meet! Since you like cruises and NYC is relatively close, note that there is a sailing of the QMII next July 1 (we will be on it). I noticed that Pied Piper is offering that sailing so there are likely to be plenty of gay people on board. It's certainly more pricy than Carnival but it's a great ship!

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry we missed each other. I looked for people that resembled your picture but didn't see you.

We didn't make it to the CC gathering that first morning - I actually slept in until 11am. I haven't slept that late in many years!

We also never made it to a FOD gathering - although I was very glad to see so many of them on the schedule.

I just read your review of the ship. Great review! Amazingly, we also had lunch at Billy's -I don't know how we didn't catch up with you. We were there around 2pm (ship time) and sat inside.

Hopefully we'll find ourselves on the same ship in the future and meet! Since you like cruises and NYC is relatively close, note that there is a sailing of the QMII next July 1 (we will be on it). I noticed that Pied Piper is offering that sailing so there are likely to be plenty of gay people on board. It's certainly more pricy than Carnival but it's a great ship!

Hey Mark -- yeah, I'm sorry we didn't meet. The cruise was a nice getaway, and (as you read from my review) I was pleased with the service. We met a gay couple from NYC and hung out with them a couple times. We also met one of the ship's "shopping consultants" who attended one of the FODs.

I think we got to Billy's around 2, but we sat outside.

I check the Pied Piper trips once in a while, but I've never done one. Perhaps next year! :-)

Take care and happy cruising,

Archived