pacific dawn live

nzmatt

Hi LKBK, we followed the coast all the way to approx Byron Bay. The captain said we were about 30 miles out, but because of the good weather we could see the mountains all the way. We then turned around some time Saturday night. We arrived at 7 am and disembarked at 8.30. Make sure you get up early to watch the entrance in to the harbour. Unfortunately it was still a bit dark but still worth it. If you are cold, we found it great to watch from the dome. Great view and only a handful of people in there. After it docked we then had breckie while waiting our turn to disembark.

that'spretty much it we disembarked at 8am very fast,but the wait to get a cab was a while.we had a balcony cabin on port side so i watched the harbour and opera house from there,have some more photos to post,

cheers matt

that'spretty much it we disembarked at 8am very fast,but the wait to get a cab was a while.we had a balcony cabin on port side so i watched the harbour and opera house from there,have some more photos to post,

cheers matt

Hi Matt

I loved your photos. Thanks for posting them :).

cheers matt

Hi Matt, yes it was a quick disembarkment, we walked to the station (Wynyard) very close but all up hill. Part of the fun though. Thanks for the photos you are posting. You have taken far better photos than I so, if you don't mind, I will use them for my cruise diary I am making for a keepsake.

Hi Matt, yes it was a quick disembarkment, we walked to the station (Wynyard) very close but all up hill. Part of the fun though. Thanks for the photos you are posting. You have taken far better photos than I so, if you don't mind, I will use them for my cruise diary I am making for a keepsake.

that fine send me a message via email i can get you the full size photos.email be on my profile page.

cheers matt

Thanks for posting a review and the photos.

NZMatt...the coffee you were referring to on deck 5...was that at the La Patisserie?

Both Pacific Dawn cruises I have been on, they always had an amazing selection of cookies, muffins & danishes available for purchase with your coffee.

Perhaps they don't offer the full cruise service on the sampler cruise?

NZMatt...the coffee you were referring to on deck 5...was that at the La Patisserie?

Both Pacific Dawn cruises I have been on, they always had an amazing selection of cookies, muffins & danishes available for purchase with your coffee.

yes deck 5 maybe your right they don't do this on sampler cruises,i think they should have these for the 3 day cruise,were are going on a 8 day cruise on the jewel next year that's 8 days full cruise.

cheers matt

I noticed there were a few things missing that (to me) would have been important to have on a sampler cruise. The dining room was at least 2 hours each night for all courses to be served. We booked for 6 (to see the early show) but were still waiting on dessert at 7.30. We were finally served around 8. I had overheard others saying that the 7.30 bookings were not leaving the dining room until 10.30. We have pondered over this since returning and talking to (drinking) friends on the same cruise who also noticed lack of bar wait service on the Lido deck. We agreed that perhaps on these short cruises, some staff were given time off (Deservedly so) Another possible reason could have been that more than usual passengers wanted to dine in the dining room since there were only 3 nights to do this, and the demand was un expected. There were many events and "normal" practises that were missing also. Don't get me wrong, we had a fantastic time. If I had not cruised before I would not have known any different. Just thought that this cruise could have been filled with as many "sample" experiences as possible as an advertisement for longer cruises.

I noticed there were a few things missing that (to me) would have been important to have on a sampler cruise. The dining room was at least 2 hours each night for all courses to be served. We booked for 6 (to see the early show) but were still waiting on dessert at 7.30. We were finally served around 8. I had overheard others saying that the 7.30 bookings were not leaving the dining room until 10.30. We have pondered over this since returning and talking to (drinking) friends on the same cruise who also noticed lack of bar wait service on the Lido deck. We agreed that perhaps on these short cruises, some staff were given time off (Deservedly so) Another possible reason could have been that more than usual passengers wanted to dine in the dining room since there were only 3 nights to do this, and the demand was un expected. There were many events and "normal" practises that were missing also. Don't get me wrong, we had a fantastic time. If I had not cruised before I would not have known any different. Just thought that this cruise could have been filled with as many "sample" experiences as possible as an advertisement for longer cruises.

hello,

since reading what you said i agree,as we went into the palm court and they rushed us that was at 9.00pm didn't leave till 10pm friday night,but i went on my own again on sunday lunch the same,this is my wifes first cruise but we booked the jewel next year... on the formal night it was lines spilling out of the palm court,and steak dinner sunday night it was full we had to book and eat at 9.30pm it was late but worth it.i knew there was a bar on lido deck but not any waiters....thats got me thinking as some of the bars were packed and maybe as you said they had time off..hope any one who is on the next cruise gets everything.as if it is a sampler cruise they should have a taste of everything....

cheers matt

Archived