pacific dawn live

nzmatt

hello all from the p/d 3 day cruise,at sea at 4pm calm and clear,i will do a review when i get back but so far its ok but the food can be better and the bedding....big lines of ppl at buffet and also the palm court....anyway will do a short review when i get back,balcony cabin is good get lots of sun.

cheers matt

Looks like the seas have been kind to you...

2dawn1.jpg

Position at 2pm Sunday.

Cruising along at a very comfortable 13.7 knots

2dawn2.jpg

Hey KiwiKruzer,

This has probably been asked before but where do you get this information from?

Sorry for the double post - the edit option has disappeared :P

Its pretty handy it is http://www.marinetraffic.com

Select your port (ie. Sydney) and then you can see whats there... I had to scroll up to ~ Newcastle to find PD but yeah its still pretty good. Something for when your having those "wish you were There" moments :cool:

Sorry for the double post - the edit option has disappeared :P

Its pretty handy it is www.marinetraffic.com

Select your port (ie. Sydney) and then you can see whats there... I had to scroll up to ~ Newcastle to find PD but yeah its still pretty good. Something for when your having those "wish you were There" moments :cool:

Wow that's such a great site. Take a look at the Mediterranean, there are so many ships there. I remember when we cruised the Med noting that whenever we looked out across the ocean I could always see another ship or two.

Jillybean:)

Looking forward to this review,as i am also doing the sampler cruise on the 14th and would like to know what to expect,i think i have checked about 6 times today to see if anyone has done a review.(just a bit excited lol).

Hi Happyholiday, I was as excited as you are this time last week. We went on the sampler cruise and had a great time. We were quite exhausted really as you try to fit in so much in the short time you have. Couldn't board till 3pm and the queues were long. We arrived early to Wharf 8, and just soaked up the atmosphere. We were early in the line to check in, so we just sat around until they called us to board. If you want to know any specifics just ask, but to pre empt, they do have a formal night on the 2nd night and there were many who did this. There were 4 different backgrounds for the formal photos, so naturally my bill was large as we had 2 great looking grand children with us.icon12.gif There seemed to be much available to do on there, though, having been once before on the PD, I think they should have included some more traditional and sampler items ie the champagne fountain and the fair in the dome as this could have encouraged more people on return trips. We enjoyed every second of our cruise and our stomach's are still sore from laughing at the hypnotist show. If they sill have for your cruise you must see it. Please ask if there are any details you would like to know and have a GREAT time.

Hi Happyholiday, I was as excited as you are this time last week. We went on the sampler cruise and had a great time. We were quite exhausted really as you try to fit in so much in the short time you have. Couldn't board till 3pm and the queues were long. We arrived early to Wharf 8, and just soaked up the atmosphere. We were early in the line to check in, so we just sat around until they called us to board. If you want to know any specifics just ask, but to pre empt, they do have a formal night on the 2nd night and there were many who did this. There were 4 different backgrounds for the formal photos, so naturally my bill was large as we had 2 great looking grand children with us.icon12.gif There seemed to be much available to do on there, though, having been once before on the PD, I think they should have included some more traditional and sampler items ie the champagne fountain and the fair in the dome as this could have encouraged more people on return trips. We enjoyed every second of our cruise and our stomach's are still sore from laughing at the hypnotist show. If they sill have for your cruise you must see it. Please ask if there are any details you would like to know and have a GREAT time.

hello pretty much like what you said,

here is my review,

first of all the bad points.

2 hour wait to check in at terminal.

sailway to many people on deck when going under the bridge trying not to bang into people. but most annoying lots of tables and not enough chairs...

the shows were ok but nothing great for us but i understand there are 2000 people on board.

and last the food.....i will give it a 4/10 for the buffet apart from fresh fruit and salads and breakfast food.

the food in the palm court was dreadfull the lunch i had on sunday was the pork pie was like hospital food...

but the $10.00 3 course meal at the pizza bar was great 10/10 and the steak meal 4 courses for $25.00 yum.

i didnt know you could get burgers and ice cream that was my fault...

and when you get coffee on deck 5 there are no cakes or cookies that kind of stuff to go with coffees...

the good points.

sailing under the bridge and when we arrived back we had the balcony view when was good,the balcony cabin on deck 10 are great well worth the extra money.

nice weather as well, me and my wife enjoyed the company and found the crew helpfull and other passengers were great to..and the pizza and the steak were all excellent,and when we leave the ship that was so easy just turn up at time to disembark and collect your bag ashore wish it was that easy to embark...

there was no duty free drinks on board this trip but shops were open.

seems like a am a bit critical of the cruise but i enjoyed it just wished there was more on maybe if it was a full on cruise,but me and my wife are going to book a cruise on pacific jewel to tassie in dec 2010.thats my thoughts.i took photos will post later.my sister in law and her freind came they enjoyed it all everyone is diffrent.

regards matt

Hi

I am going with my daughter in my parents on teh 14th, could pls tell me if there were any kids on board ...I am worry she wont have anyone to play , she is 7.

Cheers

LKBK

Sorry , 1 more question where did you cruise too? and what time did you have to disembark?

Cheers

LKBK

Hi LKBK, we followed the coast all the way to approx Byron Bay. The captain said we were about 30 miles out, but because of the good weather we could see the mountains all the way. We then turned around some time Saturday night. We arrived at 7 am and disembarked at 8.30. Make sure you get up early to watch the entrance in to the harbour. Unfortunately it was still a bit dark but still worth it. If you are cold, we found it great to watch from the dome. Great view and only a handful of people in there. After it docked we then had breckie while waiting our turn to disembark.

Archived