2.5-3 hours enough to go to Fort El Morro??

red1der1

You are talking less than 1 mile from fort to ship, down hill. I would say it takes about 20-25 mins without stopping (as long as you know the route)- get a map from the PR Tourism booth across the street from the pier. There are a few routes you can go, I have a few favorite stops or quick picture spots, but to see them all you would have to do a little back tracking.

Here is a route I would take back from El Morro so you will be able to see most of the great sights (most of these are just picture opportunities, not long visits):

Rogativa, the Cathedral, Fortaleza, the chapel at the end of Cristo, back up a few blocks through the City Gate, Paseo de la Princesa and Raices fountain, and of course, Don Q for free drinks after your walk! This walk may take you about 1 hr with no shopping stops!

I would grab a quick snack from a ships cafe (or get a to-go box lunch if they offer it). Walk to fort or if the trolley is there, hop on one going to the fort. Get to fort about 12:30p. Explore for about 1 - 1.5 hrs, then walk back making the stops and you are back on the ship on time and happy from the rum stop!

Archived