Summit Room Location?

MontiD

Can anyone give me any pros/cons about our booked cabin on the Summit? Cabin number 9039. Guess this is a forward cabin on the Sky deck. I've only read things about AFT cabins..so I guess they are preferred. Thanks for the info!

Monti:)

My wife and I have been on two M class ships but always stayed on Vista deck. The only complaints I ever heard about Sky deck cabins related mostly to aft cabins, ironically. The aft cabins would always get the noise from the Waterfall Cafe either late at night or early in the morning. Other than that the only complaint I ever heard was about the overhang from the deck above which tends to block your view more than on the lower balconies. You appear to be in a pretty good location on the noise issue because you are below the spa area and there probably won't be much activity there after hours. The only noise you might get is from the joggers early in the morning from two decks up. Anyway, what I can tell you about the ship is simple. The two trips we went on were two of the best we have ever had. Enjoyed them thoroughly. Great ship, great line, great time. Our next trip comes up in March on Golden Princess. We didn't choose this one but were asked to go with the rest of my DW's family. Our next trip, which we are talking about for 2006 will be back to Celebrity. As far as I'm concerned you can't beat it. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Celebrity Summit - Western Caribbean - April 2004

Celebrity Millenium - Eastern Caribbean - February 2003

RCCL - Nordic Empress - Bermuda - July 1998

Dolphin - Royal Majesty - (now NCL Majesty) - July 1995 (25th Anniv)

• 5 years later...
I just sailed on the Summit over Christmas and stayed in cabin 9022. Perfect. The overhang doesn't obstruct the view. The location is so convenient. Enjoy your cruise.

MaryL - we will be in cabin 9022 on the summit in april. Did you hear any anchor noise or any noise from the deck above? I read complaints about the struts that connect to the overhang. Was this an issue?

MaryL - we will be in cabin 9022 on the summit in april. Did you hear any anchor noise or any noise from the deck above? I read complaints about the struts that connect to the overhang. Was this an issue?

We were in 9022 on the southern cruise 16/Jan 2010. Its on the starboard side about 6 back from the start of the cabins. The anchor wasn't used during the voyage at all as far as I know as there was no tendering. The main noise came from being opposite the galley. There is a fair amount of traffic in the early mornings in and out with breakfasts. There is also a door to the crew stairs. There was some noise from deck 10 when the staff moved the chairs about but nothing that causwed us a problem. Elizabeth the room attendent is a gem.

The overhang is not a problem. The struts dont intrude. If you email me at duncshep@talktalk.net I will send you a photo. Cant work out how to do it here, wants a url whatever that is.

Enjoy.

Dunc Shepherd :)

Archived