Anyone stay in inclusive resort prior to cruise?

uc4tuna

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever stayed in Barbados for 5-7 nights before embarking on the cruise leaving from Bridgetown? If you did, did you enjoy your time in Barbados? I've found what seem like some good deals for all-inclusive resorts near Holetown for a few days before the cruise leaves, but I've never been to the Caribbean before so I'm looking for some advice. It seems like no one stays on the island after flying all that way (for me, it's a 12-14 hour trip to get to the Caribbean, and an expensive flight too, so I want to make the most of my time there).

Also, does anyone have a preferred website or travel agent to buy their cruise tickets from? The cruise I'm looking at isn't even listed on expedia.

Thanks in advance! This is our third cruise, but our first one in the Caribbean.

We flew to Barbados prior to our cruise. Only had 2 days to get a taste of the island. We loved it!!! We didn't stay at an all inclusive - stayed at the Southern Palms. It was within a easy walk to the "Gap". Lots of restaurants.

Lovely hotel. Check out Trip advisor for reviews.

We also arranged a private tour of the island.

Barbados was one of the nicest islands we visited. I could have easily stayed 5 days before the cruise. :D

Hi! We're staying at Mango Bay Resort in Holetown (St. James), which is an all-inclusive resort that has gotten tons of positive reviews on expedia and tripadvisor. I'm really excited. They don't pick you up from the airport, so we'll just take a taxi. We may rent a car later to explore the island more, but we'll play it by ear since it's pretty expensive to rent a car there.

There are a lot of good deals for Barbados during the Best-of-Barbados sale on expedia, like a free night when you book 5 nights, and $300 off airfare when you book a certain number of nights. Not sure if it's valid during May though.

We didn't stay prior to cruise but for 10 days. Stayed at Amaryllis Good location. Could take a bus to the Gap where all the restaurants and night life is. It was not all inclusive but could eat fairly inexpensively... the drinks are always what add to our bill Cheapcarribean.com is a great site with some great deals

Archived