How to get from Orlando airport to cape canaveral

jtb123

We will be flying into Orlando airport and going straight to Ron Jon Resort in Cape canaveral for 1 night before the cruise. Any recommendations on how to get there? Private car, Limo? There are 3 adults and 2 children age 4 and 6.

We have booked our limo through FL Tours (http://www.fltours.com), based on many reviews I've read here and other places. The most comprehensive review of them is locted in the RCCL area, here: http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=62582. Based upon all that I have read, and their prompt replies to my emails, I have no qualms about using them.

You can rent a car at the airport, drive from Orlando airport to hotel, then next day drive to port, drop off family and luggage, then drop off car at car rental agency, have car rental agency shuttle you back to port. I have rented a car to do just this through Avis. Avis is only 5-10 minutes away from the Pt. Canaveral piers and will gladly shuttle you back to the pier after dropping off the car. Call direct, you can get all your questions answered easily, as well as make your reservation. I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

We just returned from Wonder. We rented a car at the airport (Budget) and drove to the port a day early. The next morning we dropped the car off at the Budget office in Cape Canaveral. They had a free shuttle to the ship. This cost us less than $25.00 for the car, and we were able to drive around Cocoa Beach the night before, and make a supermarket stop the next morning for soft drinks. Worked out great.

• 7 years later...

Archived