Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Review – Miami, FL

Diggie

I arrived at from the airport and to my discovery there were about 15 people waiting for the hotel shuttle, which only comes every 2 hours! The guy driving the van said they had a problem with the other vehicle and we ended up taking a taxi.

Upon our arrival to the hotel our group (of 16) discovered we were not on the same floor, which we requested through Lauren. They have 3 hotels (I think) and we were in the hotel next door (The Maxine - I think that's the name.) I had room 150, which was in the lobby area and you had to go up a couple of steps. I could see the pool from my window which was okay. After I went to the bathroom I discovered the toilet wouldn’t flush. I called the front desk and no one answered. I went to the lobby and they did send someone but the same thing kept happening during my stay. I had to keep lifting the lid off of the toilet for it to flush, which didn’t make me too happy! Then one of the lamps had a burned out light bulb and they wouldn’t give me the bulb to replace it and once again maintenance had to be dispatched.

They did have drinks from 7p-8p as indicated on their web-site but you could only take one drink at a time.

As for the double room, it looks nice in the picture but when you see it up close the bedding was white sheets! There were also ants in the room and the bathroom was small.

We planned on going to the beach Friday morning at 0800 and had to wait over 30 minutes for a towel and ticket for a chair on the beach.

Oh, I forgot to mention that when you sign in they make a copy of your ID and your credit card. I didn’t appreciate this at all and they said they would destroy it after 60 days.

I will not be staying at this hotel again or recommending it to friends and family! I should have listened to the reviews that were posted on another web-site.

The only plus was it was close to the beach & stores!

:mad:

Archived