Should we upgrade on the Century?

Luckyroot

We are currently booked for an inside cat 9 cabin on the 4/23/05 sailing on Century (Western Caribbean). The best cabin availability at time of booking was a cat 4, and we opted for inside since we couldn't get a veranda cabin.

Well, I was checking today, and found that they have cat NS available (aft veranda cabins) and also concierge class cabins.

So, my question is, would it be worth the extra $600pp to upgrade to the Century Suite or $150pp for Concierge Class? We have only cruised once, and we had a porthole cabin, so we really don't have anything to compare to. I had told my TA that we'd definitely go Concierge Class if it became available, it's worth it just for the priority embarkation.

This will probably be our last big vacation for a couple years (Daughter is starting college in 2006 and wants to go to med school :eek: ) so I am trying to decide if we should go all out, or if the Concierge would be "good enough". We're celebrating my 50th birthday on the cruise, so it is a special occasion, I just can't decide if we should spend the extra on the cabin or or shore excursions and other expenses.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Grab the NS if you can afford it. They're Aft cabins! The view (and sound) of the ship's wake from your balcony is heaven . . . AND these cabins are suites, so you'll have a butler (now that's a 50th birthday in style). Ocngypz is right about CC class on the Century, just a regular outside cabin without balcony - the perks that come with CC are all available in NS.

Good luck and have a blast on your cruise.

Archived