Quick! Help on destiny cabin!

Cruisinchristie

Has anyone been in an aft cabin on the upper deck (6) on destiny? It is above the criterion lounge - but I don't know what that lounge is or how late it is open? I am wondering about the noise.

We are currently on empress 7324 but I had read some things about the cabin (no sofa, laid out funky) and was considering changing rooms. This is the only other aft available.

I was in an aft balcony 7331 (we had connecting aft balconies) on the empress back in April. 7331 should be exactly the same layout as 7324 (your cabin) and I didnt think it was "funky." Below is what I posted on my review.

Some obvervations about the cabins on the Destiny:

1. 7331/7329:

-The sofa does not have drawers underneath it as I've seen in other ships.

-The shower is MUCH bigger than on the Triumph, Victory, Valor & Splendor.

-The are no shelves on the side of the mirror to put toiletries, but the vanity is decent size - definitely bigger than the Valor & Splendor

-The TV is one of the old box TV's and it sits on top of the vanity, taking up counter space (next to the closet).

-The TV does NOT have the interactive feature where you can check your S&S or the daily dinner menu.

-There is a radio in the cabin, the controls are right by the head area of the bed and the speaker is in the middle of the room

-There are 2 air conditioner vents in the room that can be controlled independently.

-There are 2 chairs that recline a bit (not lounge chairs) and 1 small table in the balcony.

-There is a bottle opener attached to the wall in the bathroom.

-There are 2 outlets in the vanity area (aside from the one for the TV) that are usable, compared to just one on other ships.

-The bathroom door opens toward the inside of the bathroom, making it very user-friendly if someone needs to access the closets - I've gotten hit by my friends getting out of the bathroom not knowing I was getting something from the closet!

-The safe is the keypad kind where you enter a 4-digit PIN to access it. It is located in the closet closest to the door.

-The 3 closets had plenty of hangers but there isnt that much shelf space, there is one above the safe, then there is a little space next to the safe, and a bottom shelf that was used up by our life jackets and a comforter looking thing.

- There were 3 big drawers and a smaller 2 shelf area with doors in the vanity area.

-There are 3 lamps along the wall where the bed/sofa are vs. a little affixed lamp on the Valor/Splendor.

-There is more than adequate storage space in the cabin... and we brought a
LOT
of stuff... so we managed even with almost no shelf space.

2. Cabin 7323:

- This cabin has the TV mounted on the wall in a corner, and it's the big box kind.

- In another corner it has a chest looking storage area where the life jackets were stored.

3. Other cabins:

- One of my friends said they had a flat screen TV in the cabin (non-suite)

- One of my friends said his TV was ON THE FLOOR!:eek:

- One of my friends had an extra storage space above the vanity and the TV was on there - giving them more counter space

Now, I've been on the Victory on deck 6 (Upper) in an aft interior and we heard minimal noise from the aft lounge. But we were out till the wee hours so by the time we made it back to our cabins, the lounge was already closed for the night.

Good luck! And personally, I would stay put... it's always best to the on a deck that has cabins above and below.

Archived