pacific dawn leaving syd

nzmatt

hi,

i want to go and take some photos of the p/d next thursday i know the ship is leaving at 16.00 were would be a good spot for getting some photos under the bridge, should i go to opera house or near the Hyatt hotel?any comments matt

if you go to the oprea house you will get a great view of the ship coming under the bridge, or better still mrs maquaries chair end of the botanic gardens. Go to the side where you can see the bridge and oprea house from. you will have more shooting time and a get a lot more shots from here. this is dependent what camera you are using and what zoom you have, you may want to take a trypod with you. best of luck.

hi,

i want to go and take some photos of the p/d next thursday i know the ship is leaving at 16.00 were would be a good spot for getting some photos under the bridge, should i go to opera house or near the Hyatt hotel?any comments matt

Hi Matt

The Pacific Dawn isn't in next Thursday according to the Sydney Ports schedule. She arrives Fri 14/08/09, 17/8/09, 31/08/09. I would hate for you to go all the way down there and find no ship...it would be so dissapointing :eek:.

silly me it is next monday 17 th 16.00 i think i will go to hickson road or Hungary mile...area,and there is a shop i want to see as well bottom of the rocks maritime shop......

matt

Hi Matt

Welovetocruise posted some great information on the other site about great photo locations. He has included a map indicating the best photo positions for photographing the cruise ships if you are interested.

hi,

what other site????can you let me know, i found milsons point seems to be a better spot more room to move and the sun should be behind me and i can see the p/d coming up to the bridge if i am north Sydney side.

cheers matt

Hi Matt,

I have just returned from photographing PD at Wharf 8. I suspect you might need a wide angle lens to fit her all in from Milsons Point as it would be pretty well side on.

Blues Point will give you a rear view as she goes under the bridge and Mrs MacQuaries Chair will give you a front view as will the Opera House. Personally, I think I'd opt for the Opera House 1st and Mrs MacQuaries Chair, 2nd.

Ask Kevin if you can stand on his lawn at Kirribilli:D you'd get a nice shot from there!

Cheers

Clive

Hi Matt,

I have just returned from photographing PD at Wharf 8. I suspect you might need a wide angle lens to fit her all in from Milsons Point as it would be pretty well side on.

Blues Point will give you a rear view as she goes under the bridge and Mrs MacQuaries Chair will give you a front view as will the Opera House. Personally, I think I'd opt for the Opera House 1st and Mrs MacQuaries Chair, 2nd.

Ask Kevin if you can stand on his lawn at Kirribilli:D you'd get a nice shot from there!

Cheers

Clive

hi i finish work at 2pm and ship leaves at 4pm so if i get to city at 3.30pm or get to darling harbour get some photos there and ferry to opera house. then i can suss out were to go,my camera is a Olympus camedia 4 megapixel 10 x optical zoom and 40x seamless zoom i used it on my trip on p/d 2 weeks ago and works fine.i dont think uncle kev would mind.....to many over zealous security guards around....

cheers matt

if any one else wants to come i guess we can work a time and meet at the ferry at darling harbour say 3-3.15 take photos of p/d get get to the opera house at 4pm and hopefully she leaves on time and get some good photos...anyone interested?

matt:D

hey is that for monday night 17th,silly me should have said the date.....

this time 2 weeks ago we were aboard for the 3 day trip......have to wait to dec 2010 for tassie jewel trip we booked.

Oh, thats OK then. 8pm tonight. 4pm Monday.

Cheers

Clive

Archived