Sound & Light Show

AussieKathy

Well, you know.... :rolleyes: It kind of helps if you let us know which Sound and Light Show.

In general, YES, it helps to understand what they are saying, but in many cases the script is cheesy or overly dramatic, and it's the lighting that is the better part of the show.

But you'll get more informed responses if you let us know which show you're considering. :)

I have a feeling you are referring to the one in Giza (Cairo), right? We did it last February and had to use the headsets for English during a German presentation. It did not spoil the experience for us at all. DH and I went and sat in the very first row (sit there if you can) - so no human heads were between us and the Sphinx and pyramids! I had watched practically the whole show on Utube before we got to Egypt so had a good idea about the presentation and the lazer show. But actually BEING there sitting under the stars in front of these Ancient Wonders was an experience we will NEVER forget. Be aware that you can slightly hear the other language booming through the night sky even with your headsets on as sometimes the other language will be continuing when the English version has finished on your headset (bringing an earplug for your other ear is good advice), but this was not a big distraction for us and we were so glad we could go to both the Sound & Light Show and take a dinner cruise on the Nile, at a decent hour, after our incredibly busy day in Cairo!

I have a feeling you are referring to the one in Giza (Cairo), right? We did it last February and had to use the headsets for English during a German presentation. It did not spoil the experience for us at all. DH and I went and sat in the very first row (sit there if you can) - so no human heads were between us and the Sphinx and pyramids! I had watched practically the whole show on Utube before we got to Egypt so had a good idea about the presentation and the lazer show. But actually BEING there sitting under the stars in front of these Ancient Wonders was an experience we will NEVER forget. Be aware that you can slightly hear the other language booming through the night sky even with your headsets on as sometimes the other language will be continuing when the English version has finished on your headset (bringing an earplug for your other ear is good advice), but this was not a big distraction for us and we were so glad we could go to both the Sound & Light Show and take a dinner cruise on the Nile, at a decent hour, after our incredibly busy day in Cairo!

Spot on Lamb2 Cairo was what I was talking about. Thanks for your help!

Hi:

Four of us are trying to decide whether to do the Nile Dinner Cruise after seeing the Light Show. It will be later in the evening. The menu is of concern to us. Did you enjoy it? lAny help/info you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The dinner cruise we took was on the Nile Crystal. The entertainment was excellent. The belly dancer and the noorish (whirling dervish) dancers were wonderful, as well as the Egyptian band that accompanied them. They also had a modern band that played more Western dance music. I spent some time up on the open top deck. but since it was dark and cold (in early) February there was not a lot to see up there except the passing boats and the lights of the many buildings of the city. The buffet was very nice, but most of our group of ten still took precautions concerning what we chose to eat as no one wanted to come down with Mummy Tummy and ruin the next day in Cairo. I had some chicken, a beef dish, some bread and a couple tastes of different desserts, as I recall, along with bottled water that I had brought with me. I left the salads, vegetables and fruits completely alone. As we were leaving the boat after the cruise they had some candies on a tray that looked particularly tempting. I had a couple and they were delicious! The next morning at the Le Meridien Hotel's breakfast buffet, I did eat some dried fruit and had some juice and hot tea with absolutely no ill effects whatsoever.

The dinner cruise we took was on the Nile Crystal. The entertainment was excellent. The belly dancer and the noorish (whirling dervish) dancers were wonderful, as well as the Egyptian band that accompanied them. They also had a modern band that played more Western dance music. I spent some time up on the open top deck. but since it was dark and cold (in early) February there was not a lot to see up there except the passing boats and the lights of the many buildings of the city. The buffet was very nice, but most of our group of ten still took precautions concerning what we chose to eat as no one wanted to come down with Mummy Tummy and ruin the next day in Cairo. I had some chicken, a beef dish, some bread and a couple tastes of different desserts, as I recall, along with bottled water that I had brought with me. I left the salads, vegetables and fruits completely alone. As we were leaving the boat after the cruise they had some candies on a tray that looked particularly tempting. I had a couple and they were delicious! The next morning at the Le Meridien Hotel's breakfast buffet, I did eat some dried fruit and had some juice and hot tea with absolutely no ill effects whatsoever.

Hello Lambs.

I was wondering how you liked the Le Meridien hotel? Where the rooms nice? How was the food there at the hotel?

Thanks Sunedaze

Hello Lambs.

I was wondering how you liked the Le Meridien hotel? Where the rooms nice? How was the food there at the hotel?

Thanks Sunedaze

Le Meridien Hotel was FABULOUS, clean and well-appointed. Below I have attached a photo of the view from our room on the first (guest) floor, which is actually the second floor. We had a balcony and this absolutely wonderful view of the Great Pyramid! Only meal we ate at the hotel was the breakfast buffet which was included in the room package we purchased. It was a wonderful start to our second day in Cairo. Wish we had had more time to enjoy this wonderful hotel! Join the Starwood Hotel program and they run specials, plus our check-in was very fast and easy. (I even forgot our reservation paperwork on the ship, but all went great!)

th_Jadecruise-Med-MoroccoSpainAthensTu.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived