St Paul de Vence on a Sunday - Hours?

Palmfrond

I've read several posts that St Paul de Vence is a great place to be on a Sunday. The Noordam is in port in Monaco from 6AM - 4PM and I'm wondering at what approximate time do things start opening on Sundays in St Paul de Vence.

The shops start to open around 9am and just about everything is open by 10. On Sunday mornings we love to get to St Paul de Vence early (by 9) so that we can watch the local men play boules at the cafe just outside the entrance while we sip some cafe au lait.

Hank

Thank you, Hank! We are doing a private tour (if we get one more couple) and wondered how early we could start given that the ship has chosen to leave Monaco so early (4PM) for it's next stop in Barcelona. We plan to go to St Paul de Vence and Antibes (sp?) and then return to Monaco. The others especially want to see Fondation Maeght in St Paul de Vence and the Picasso Museum in Antibes. My husband and I are more using the tour as convenient transportation to wander and soak up the areas as we're not that interested in modernism. You have been most helpful!

Thank you, Hank! We are doing a private tour (if we get one more couple) and wondered how early we could start given that the ship has chosen to leave Monaco so early (4PM) for it's next stop in Barcelona. We plan to go to St Paul de Vence and Antibes (sp?) and then return to Monaco. The others especially want to see Fondation Maeght in St Paul de Vence and the Picasso Museum in Antibes. My husband and I are more using the tour as convenient transportation to wander and soak up the areas as we're not that interested in modernism. You have been most helpful!

Just as an aside..if you choose to eat Sunday luncheon in Antibes as they have some really good seafood restos do not plan on a quick bite to eat as Sunday dinner is quite the thing.St.P has some nice places to eat as well.Enjoy both places!!!

Archived