Maro's Shrimp House in Cabo

travelgirlie

Can anyone tell me if this place is open for lunch? Every great review talks about the amazing dinner that they have had. :rolleyes: Please fill me in.

I'm pretty sure it is only open for dinner. We walked by many times when we were there last month and never say anyone there during the day. It is really, really good though!

Panchos right in the same area has great Mexican and seafood, they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner- it is a must do for us every trip. Plus they have the world's (so they say!;)) biggest tequila selection if you like tequila. For a cheap excellent taco (carne asada, chicken, shrimp and fish), you can't beat Gordo Leles which is right around the corner behind Cabo Wabo next to the Los Milagros Hotel. Each taco is only $1.50 and 2 will fill you up! He also serves $1 beer and $2 margaritas made from scratch. He is a great host and if you are lucky you will be serenaded with Beatles and Sinatra songs!

Solomon's Landing right on the marina in front of the Tesoro resort is another favorite- it is an easy walk from the tender pier, less than 5 minutes away. If you sit at the bar, the drinks are discounted and there is a great appitizer menu. A huge basket of calamari for only $4!!

Lucky's Cabo Grill is located right next door to Maros and is usually open for lunch. Everything is cooked on an open grill- the ribs and the lobster tacos are excellent.

Hope this helps!

For a cheap excellent taco (carne asada, chicken, shrimp and fish), you can't beat Gordo Leles which is right around the corner behind Cabo Wabo next to the Los Milagros Hotel. Each taco is only $1.50 and 2 will fill you up! He also serves $1 beer and $2 margaritas made from scratch. He is a great host and if you are lucky you will be serenaded with Beatles and Sinatra songs!

Hmmmmmmmmm, did Gordo get a new location? Last year his stand was empty and from what I read after posting asking what happened, a post indicated the church that leased/loaned the space to him pulled out and he didn't have a location. (We were ther last November)

If Gordo is up and running again, I would love to know where so we can stop by this year.

Hmmmmmmmmm, did Gordo get a new location? Last year his stand was empty and from what I read after posting asking what happened, a post indicated the church that leased/loaned the space to him pulled out and he didn't have a location. (We were ther last November)

If Gordo is up and running again, I would love to know where so we can stop by this year.

Yes, he moved! He opened his new restaurant in December. It is really nice compared to the old place. It has about 10 tables inside, he even has a waiter now and serves drinks. I hoted a party there at the end of June and we had over 20 people attend with room to spare!

A bunch of us regulars on www.tripadvisor.com collected a bunch of money to pay for the start up of his new location. He is a couple blocks over from where he used to be right around the corner from the Corner Cafe right next door to the Los Milagros Hotel behind Cabo Wabo. He has expanded his menu, one of our group created actual laminated menus for him and we have all been bringing down things for him to decorate the place with. We still have a little money left in his fund, we recently purchased some fans to help cool the place down when it is really hot.

Javier is such a great guy and so happy and proud of his new restaurant- a giant step up from the old taco stand. Can't wait to get down there to see him again when we are there for 2 weeks in October!

There are quite a few videos of the new location including one that I made on youtube. Just put Gordo Leles in the search bar there and you will see them. I think mine says Trip Advisor Meet and Greet or something to that effect.

Hopefully this link will work

Yes, he moved! He opened his new restaurant in December. It is really nice compared to the old place. It has about 10 tables inside, he even has a waiter now and serves drinks. I hoted a party there at the end of June and we had over 20 people attend with room to spare!

A bunch of us regulars on www.tripadvisor.com collected a bunch of money to pay for the start up of his new location. He is a couple blocks over from where he used to be right around the corner from the Corner Cafe right next door to the Los Milagros Hotel behind Cabo Wabo. He has expanded his menu, one of our group created actual laminated menus for him and we have all been bringing down things for him to decorate the place with. We still have a little money left in his fund, we recently purchased some fans to help cool the place down when it is really hot.

Javier is such a great guy and so happy and proud of his new restaurant- a giant step up from the old taco stand. Can't wait to get down there to see him again when we are there for 2 weeks in October!

There are quite a few videos of the new location including one that I made on youtube. Just put Gordo Leles in the search bar there and you will see them. I think mine says Trip Advisor Meet and Greet or something to that effect.

Hopefully this link will work

I'm so happy to hear. Maybe I will find it for this November trip. I'll have to google map the hotel and find the exact location. I'll check out youtube also and thanks for the info.

Panchos right in the same area has great Mexican and seafood, they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner- it is a must do for us every trip. Plus they have the world's (so they say!;)) biggest tequila selection if you like tequila. For a cheap excellent taco (carne asada, chicken, shrimp and fish), you can't beat Gordo Leles which is right around the corner behind Cabo Wabo next to the Los Milagros Hotel. Each taco is only $1.50 and 2 will fill you up! He also serves $1 beer and $2 margaritas made from scratch. He is a great host and if you are lucky you will be serenaded with Beatles and Sinatra songs!

Solomon's Landing right on the marina in front of the Tesoro resort is another favorite- it is an easy walk from the tender pier, less than 5 minutes away. If you sit at the bar, the drinks are discounted and there is a great appitizer menu. A huge basket of calamari for only $4!!

Lucky's Cabo Grill is located right next door to Maros and is usually open for lunch. Everything is cooked on an open grill- the ribs and the lobster tacos are excellent.

Hope this helps!

Yes, I have Solomons and gordo leles on my list already (probably from your prior posts) and will be sure to add Lucky's. Thanks for all of your info--I wonder what time Maro's opens? Oh well, it woiuld be too much of a rush, so I will cross that one off! Thanks for all of your input.

Archived