Just off of Inspiration ~ Any Questions I will try and answer

time11130

I was very reserved about booking a Carnival Cruise after being on 2 nice Royal Carribean cruises and I have to say we had a wonderful time even though Inspiration was much smaller than the others we had been on. The ship was in great condition and had all of the other stuff Royal had. Food was great, shows were entertaining, crew was mostly wonderful and friendly.

Funny Story though... I did have a run in with one of the Carnival Crew photographers. I was taking a picture of my son who was standing along the railing and all of a sudden a young man who was a crew member came over to me and said; "I need that camera!" I was like "What?" He then explained that I could not take photos in "that" area! I was still like "WHAT!?" and he explained that in the background was the photo's that Carnival was selling, all lined up on their display boards and it was a copyright law that they could not be photographed. I was like "OK, but look at my photo's, they are NOT of the Carnival photographs they are of my Son standing along the railing! He said he did not care that he had to delete them and he went through all of the pictures I had on that camera and just deleted the 2 I had just taken of my Son! I thought it was a joke and at first the guy was loud and rude then he must of realized I did not intend to take a "photo" of the photo's. You could not even see the faces of the photo's in my pictures but whatever! I did not realize what was in the background and another funny thing... The day before I had taken actual pictures of 2 of our photo's from that wall that carnival had taken of us and took my camera back to our room to show my husband who was watching TV to get his opinion of which photo he liked best. No one said a thing to me and I did not hide it. I now realize that I should have actually gotten in trouble for that due to copyright laws I guess. I did not intend to do anything wrong then either, I just had already spent over $300 on family photo's and wanted my husband's opinion between 2 others. Good thing I deleted them from my camera before the guy got a hold of my camera, I may be in jail or something! Funny ~ but not funny I guess!

Anyhow, Sorry so long but if anyone has any questions I will be glad to help. We stayed in Suite V15.

Lisa in Indiana

Wow...that's an awful story! Did you report him...mainly because he touched your camera and actually deleted pictures?

We are staying in a suite next month on the Inspiration. What did you like/not like about it?

I did not report this crew guy. I was actually so embarrassed because at first he was very loud, like I had shoplifted something and I was shocked that it was so big of a deal.

If you have been on any other cruises you may be disappointed in Carnivals "Suites" unless it is a Cat. 12 Suite then maybe not. Our Suite was not any different than a regular Royal Carribean Balcony Room. There was not any extra space really in our suite. In our party there was my husband and I plus our 18 year old son, though he was not in the room much. I would highly recommend luggage that is soft sided so you can store it under your bed. This saved us lots of space. Otherwise; with your luggage at the end of your bed you cannot walk back and forth to the balcony very easily. Also be warned that there is this crane, arm thingy that does block some of your view out to the ocean. Not so much of a big deal but if I would not have read about it on the message boards I would have been upset. Also we had trouble with people walking along the railing down below us and stopping to smoke. We are not smokers so it bothered us. A couple older men came and stopped to smoke their cigars and they smelled terrible! I don't like Cigars at all but I know others do so it may not bother anyone else. The smoke came right up to our balcony and it is supposed to be a nonsmoking area. Our Suite neighbors went out on their balconies and smoked and it did not bother us, guess it was just the way the wind was blowing.

I am sure you will have a GREAT time!

Any other questions just ask!

I did not report this crew guy. I was actually so embarrassed because at first he was very loud, like I had shoplifted something and I was shocked that it was so big of a deal.

If you have been on any other cruises you may be disappointed in Carnivals "Suites" unless it is a Cat. 12 Suite then maybe not. Our Suite was not any different than a regular Royal Carribean Balcony Room. There was not any extra space really in our suite. In our party there was my husband and I plus our 18 year old son, though he was not in the room much. I would highly recommend luggage that is soft sided so you can store it under your bed. This saved us lots of space. Otherwise; with your luggage at the end of your bed you cannot walk back and forth to the balcony very easily. Also be warned that there is this crane, arm thingy that does block some of your view out to the ocean. Not so much of a big deal but if I would not have read about it on the message boards I would have been upset. Also we had trouble with people walking along the railing down below us and stopping to smoke. We are not smokers so it bothered us. A couple older men came and stopped to smoke their cigars and they smelled terrible! I don't like Cigars at all but I know others do so it may not bother anyone else. The smoke came right up to our balcony and it is supposed to be a nonsmoking area. Our Suite neighbors went out on their balconies and smoked and it did not bother us, guess it was just the way the wind was blowing.

I am sure you will have a GREAT time!

Any other questions just ask!

Just an fyi, the cat. 11 suites on the Fantasy class ships (Inspiration) are much smaller than the regular cat. 11 suites on other Carnival ships. On the other Carnival ships the cat.11 suite you had is about the same size as a balcony room.

He then explained that I could not take photos in "that" area! I was still like "WHAT!?" and he explained that in the background was the photo's that Carnival was selling, all lined up on their display boards and it was a copyright law that they could not be photographed.

Hmmmm, wasn't there a sign near where the Carnival taken photos are presented stating "no cameras in this area"????

Archived