Zuiderdam Suites

Cruise Organizer

I am currently planning an October 2010 Caribbean/Panama canal cruise on the Zuiderdam. I usually book a verandah (balcony). For this cruise, I am thinking about booking a SA suite. I could go on 2 shorter cruises for the price of this one, but I want this one to be special.

For those who have taken this cruise and were in the suites, could you tell me the pros of a suite.

Thanks

I know some of the regulars will post soon with a long list of all the suite perks. I have taken a full transit Panama Canal Cruise on the Noordam in an SA, and it was a real treat. On the morning of the transit through the Canal, we had breakfast early on our large balcony, and spent a good deal of the day there watching the transit process. Of course, we also spent time on the open decks and in the Crow's Nest, but I will never forget waking before dawn and having that lovely veranda to use to view Panama City in the distance. It was magical.

I remember the first time I walked into an SA for a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Oosterdam. Seeing the space, the light from the wall of windows, the comfortable veranda furniture, the dressing room, the practical, well lighted bath, the large sofa and two chairs..and the generous amount of storage space was a revelation. I was thrilled and remain very fond of these lovely, large staterooms.

You will enjoy use of the Neptune Lounge with concierge service, complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service, priority embarkation, and on and on. Sailing in an SA suite is so very comfortable, especially if you are a cabin rat as I am.

Go for it, I say and have a wonderful cruise....unless you decide you'd rather take two cruises...It's a difficult decision.

Suite Perks

All PS, SA, SB and SC categories:

Separate check-in line at embarkation

Personalized stationary

Use of the Neptune Lounge and the concierges

Boutonniere and corsage for the first formal night

Free laundry, free pressing, free dry cleaning

Priority tendering

Priority disembarkation

Free use of binoculars

Free use of a large umbrella

MAYBE a private suite cocktail party in the Neptune Lounge

MAYBE an invitation to a VIP party

Maybe a suite buffet or sit down lunch -- depends on itinerary and HM/Captain

Free bottle of champagne compliments of the HM and captain

Breakfast in the Pinnacle or King’s Room (depends on the ship)

Free DVD use

Some ships also have a complimentary bottle of VOSS water -- it is an Artisian well water from Norway.

Archived