Tips for traveling with a 14 month old, PLEASE

champersgirl

Someone mentioned flights and ears ... we have noticed little children having problems upon landing with cabin pressure changes hurting their ears. (My DH has this problem too. It can be quite painful.)

During ascent and descent of any flight, my DH now wears "earplanes," little plastic earplugs with filters in them that help to equalize the pressure. It has helped him tremendously.

The other day, we noticed that they are available in children's sizes, too. I think we bought them at Walgreens, but they are probably available at most large drugstores.

And on a side note, we enjoy seeing children, toddlers and babies enjoying a cruise with their families. Even had a 14-month-old sharing our dinner table on Constellation recently, and she was a delight.

Regards,

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

My suggestion is just make sure you have plenty of toys and things to keep your baby occupied. I will be traveling with my two kids..(9 and 2 years old) My 9 y/o this will be her 3rd cruise and the 1st for my 2y/o. i have never had a complaint about my children, but as you can see there are some very ignorant ppl in the world.

Enjoy your time with your family! I know I will...there will be over 40 ppl in my party and instead of needing a break from the kids...the old crabby adults will be the ones i am trying to get away from.

Archived