All Saint's Day in French Riviera

fllchick

Here's a rather unusual question.....

Has anyone been to the French Riviera on All Saint's Day? We'll be in Cannes, and were thinking about going to Monaco or Monte Carlo, but I just found out that it's a legal holiday that day. Will anything be open? Will trains run?

Thanks in advance to the cruise critic experts out there!

Here's a rather unusual question.....

Has anyone been to the French Riviera on All Saint's Day? We'll be in Cannes, and were thinking about going to Monaco or Monte Carlo, but I just found out that it's a legal holiday that day. Will anything be open? Will trains run?

Thanks in advance to the cruise critic experts out there!

Maybe someone will have a better reply,but I am going to guess a lot will be closed..may open in the AM and close at noon..just a guess. I have been in Paris several times for ASD and this has been the norm re stores and restos.You could contact the French Tourism board and see what they say.You can always walk around M/M..nice to walk and some great views. Trains and busses on holiday schedule.

• 3 months later...

Most "tourist" places will have shops open - that is, shops that sell items that tourists might need or want! So in a small place like St Paul de Vence lots of little places will be open. In larger cities like Nice and Cannes, lots less open. Trains will run, but usually they run on a Sunday/holiday schedule.

I actually got an email back from the St. Paul du Vence tourist board - here is what they said:

"

In October, most of the shops and of the restaurants will be open but the “low season” usually starts with November, until Christmas holiday. During that period, a part of the shops and restaurants will be on annual closure. The Local History Museum and the White Penitents Chapel will be also on annual closure on all November."

We have decided to wait for a better time when everything will be open - bummer, this is the second time we will miss it:(

Archived