A few questions about Enchantment

darmik

Best friend and I are on a Western Enchantment out of Fort Lauderdale. Having only sailed Disney, I am trying to figure out the difference. First things first - we are going to head down day before and want to stay near the beach, dining options, etc. We were in FL years ago, and I remember when you went down to the end of Las Olas, and hit the beach, there were lots of bars, restaurants, and a nice beach area. Anyone know any hotels right there? I think we will just take taxis from airport to hotel to port, so would like to be in walking distance.

Also - 1 formal night, right? Any other theme nights?

Lastly, for right now, if I order the wine package ahead of time, will I have to pay tax and/or corkage in the dining rooms? Should I wait til we getr on board, after sailing? I would like to have a bottle or two for the room and some for dinner.

Can't help you on the hotels... but...

> Also - 1 formal night, right? Any other theme nights?

RC ships OFTEN have a 70's night and an Italian food night (not really a theme)

> Lastly, for right now, if I order the wine package ahead of time, will I

> have to pay tax and/or corkage in the dining rooms? Should I wait til we

> getr on board, after sailing? I would like to have a bottle or two for the

> room and some for dinner.

Wine packages - I've bought them onboard before. On my upcoming cruise it looks like there is a further discount if I book AHEAD of time. Not sure if this is universal and I just noticed this or what. They're suppose to charge corkage, but I've never gotten charged for it.

Don't quote me, but I don't think you can take the bottles from the dining room. If you want a bottle in your room I think your best bet is to have a gift basket delivered to your room.

Judy

Just got off of the 5 night western. Left on a Monday. Formal night was Tuesday. Italian night was Wed. Lobster night was Friday. Best day for Chops was Thursday.

As for hotels, we stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port at 2520 Stirling Rd. It was within walking distance to restaurants and bars. Didn't go near the beach though. They had a free shuttle from the airport and then another free shuttle to the pier.

We also got the 7 bottle gold wine package and ordered/paid it ahead of time. You pretty much pick your wine at the dining room table. You can also get the wine in Chops. No cork fees associated with pre-ordering.

Enchantment was awesome...

We're sailing on Enchantment next week and staying at the Hyatt Place on 10th Avenue... They have a free shuttle from the airport to hotel and from the hotel to the port. They also have a free breakfast and are walking distance to several restaurants and a couple of grocery stores. I'm not sure about distance to the beach though, I think it's quite a way.... about 2.5/3 miles...

If you want a place ON the beach, DH and I stayed at Lago Mar Resort last September and it was really nice.... it's also really expensive. They had restaurants on site and you could walk down the beach to the cruise ship canal.

We've sailed on both Disney and Enchantment, so if you have any questions about that... feel free to ask....

Archived