Ordering "STUFF" from CCL Online

jdlowndes

Has anyone ever ordered "Stuff" from Carnival's website to be delivered to you onboard? If so, what quality were the items and did you consider it worth it????

I know this is a VERY broad question but I just need input from all aspects! Thanks in advance for your help!!!

I've ordered the decorations. They were a little expensive, but worth every penny when the person I was surprising them saw them! I also have ordered a gift for a couple on their honeymoon, and again, they appreciated the item, so would have to say I am satisfied!

On my very first cruise, I was going with a friend - her first cruise also. It was going to be her birthday during the cruise so I ordered the room decorations. It was so worth it. The room was very decorated and she was so surprised and happy. We also got a couple of keychains with the decorations. I would probably do something like that again.

Last year I ordered decorations for my in laws 50th anniversary... The decorations were awesome!! What was kinda funny was the first night at dinner the hostess in the dining room grabbed me and apologized because the decorations had fallen down and that someone was fixing them as we spoke... fast forward a bit that night and my in-laws returned to their cabin,, and got quite a shock when they saw the decorations back up! The decorations hadn't fallen.. my in laws had actually taken them down.

So not only were the decorations great but the folks on Carnival were very attentive to them as well!

Has anyone ever ordered "Stuff" from Carnival's website to be delivered to you onboard? If so, what quality were the items and did you consider it worth it????

I know this is a VERY broad question but I just need input from all aspects! Thanks in advance for your help!!!

I have ordered the coolers, hats, beach bags with towels,etc. and all were pretty nice and I still have them. This time I have the wine/fruit/cheese basket ordered along with the cookies.

My mom and dad ordered a gift set that included robes and they just love them!

Also I have ordered the chocolate covered strawberries for DH and I and my parents. They were nice and tasty, especially as a surprise. I personally would not order them again though, there is so much good food on the ship that we were too full to really enjoy them.

DH has surprised me with red roses in cabin twice, let me tell you they were the most beautiful roses I've ever received. Since you can't carry them off the ship, I offered them to a crewmember to give his "sweetie". Last cruise was only 4 days, so DH ordered chocolates. They were the oldest, grayest, nastiest chocolates I have ever encountered in my life! I asked him never to give me that surprise again!!

Sol y Mar

I have ordered a range of items on my previous cruises from fruit basket with wine to the coolers with Carona and a hat. Loved them all. This cruise I have ordered a bottle of wine, the engraved wine glasses and the chocolate covered strawberries. I can't wait to enjoy them.

A friend of the family ordered roses for my parents one cruise. They were absolutely lovely. It was a 7 day cruise and the roses looked as fresh the last day as they did the first day. I was worried about the smell, but there was not much of a smell for which I was happy about.

We have also had the anniversary gift set for my parents. I thought they were well worth the price.

One thing to factor into the cost of each gift, is the surprise factor. When you order room decorations, or a gift, be it the strawberries, or bathrobes, or the party cooler, the look of surprise and joy is priceless. So maybe it costs more on the ship and/or through the website then what you can get at your local florist or party store or where ever, it is worth it.

If you are someone that takes cruises all the time, then maybe the gifts and decorations are in the "been there, done that" mode of thinking, but for those that are new to cruising or do not cruise that often, it is fun to walk in to your cabin and have a surprise.

I ordered the room decorations and was VERY pleased; it cost 35.00 but they did an awesome job! I also ordered drink coupons and would do this again - it was a small savings, and less on my S and S card

Every cruise my TA orders the champange (sp) and chocolate strawberries for each cabin. My aunt died 2 yrs ago but had sailed with my Fun Group several times so as a memorial to my aunt my TA had ordered a dozen of red roses for each cabin. They were so beautiful and lasted the whole 7 days of the cruise. I have ordered the drink, photo and soda coupons to give out as gifts at my bon voyage party every year.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend went on her first cruise last month. A week prior to her trip I called up to order Funship Dollars for her. A certificate advising her of the gift was supposed to be in her room upon her arrival with a personal message from me on it. My friend never got a notice of the certificate. It was only after she got home and I embarrassingly asked if she received my gift and she dug up her paperwork did she notice an extra OBC on her sail & sign, which never said what it was for. I called Carnival and complained, stating it isn't much of a "gift" if the person didn't even know they received it. They missed the whole point and thought I should be satisfied that she got the OBC. I wanted my friend to be surprised when she arrived in her cabin and they blew it. I'm very disappointed in them. :(

Does Carnival have a gift registry? I looked but couldn't find one. When I sailed Royal Caribbean they had one and I used it to tell family what I would like (never leave the choices completely up to them, LOL!). I'd like to do the same for Carnival for my upcoming cruise so I don't get something I don't want. ;)

Archived