Has anyone taken a taxi to the Zoo?

baf10

I am going to be in Belize in November. There will be 4 adults and my 3 and 5 year old. Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost? The Zoo seems like the best option for a 3 and 5 year old. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

On my 2 previous visits I went diving. The diving is decent but definetely worth the $150 the cruises charge.

We are doing the Zoo through the ship's tour. The tour is 65.00 pp. The admission to the zoo is only a few dollars so we thought we would look into doing it on our own or perhaps a private tour. We found out the zoo is 30 miles from the pier. Since we have no idea about road conditions, traffice, etc and it is a tender port we decided to play it safe, spend the money and go through the cruise line. I have read different sites about the zoo and we are excited about visiting it. Apparently the animals aren't as caged as our zoos here in the states. In fact one site said it is almost like the animals are roaming free and the people are behind small fences.

Archived