comments on the Journey

mamayer

1. Please no more jeans in the dining room. We loved no formal nights, but some people carried the casual dress way too far. No one stopped them from even going to the captain's toast in jeans and a tee shirt.

2. Add TV programing to provide a balance to MSNBC.

3. Allow more reservations in the specialty dining rooms. They are so good, but we could only get in 3 times.

4. Better evening entertainment.

5. Add some taables for 2 in the outside dining area.

6. If your suitcase is more than 10" high, it won't fit under the bed.

1. Please no more jeans in the dining room. We loved no formal nights, but some people carried the casual dress way too far. No one stopped them from even going to the captain's toast in jeans and a tee shirt.

3. Allow more reservations in the specialty dining rooms. They are so good, but we could only get in 3 times.

4. Better evening entertainment.

5. Add some taables for 2 in the outside dining area.

6. If your suitcase is more than 10" high, it won't fit under the bed.

I opened our bags and slid them under the bed that way...won't work for everyone I guess.

Smooth sailing...

TOTALLY agree about the jeans!

On our recent cruise we saw some incredibly sloppy, not even casual outfits - including one lady who came to dinner every evening in a grey (might have been white 20 years ago!) t-shirt and awful walking sandals....it's an insult to the wonderful atmosphere in the dining room, not to mention the delicious food!

Thanks for the tip Spangly Cruise Girl!! We have gone through entire cruises with our (one) giant suitcase just hanging out by the couch in the corner of the room (the others fit under the bed)-- I am very excited to learn this is a possibility and there is virtually no chance we will forget to ask for it later ;)

Please tell me there is at least one other news option besides MSNBC-- BBC, Le Journal... anything, even the Daily Show. ;) The last thing I want to do on vacation is try to sort though Keith Olbermann's self-righteous hysteria.

Please tell me there is at least one other news option besides MSNBC-- BBC, Le Journal... anything, even the Daily Show. ;) The last thing I want to do on vacation is try to sort though Keith Olbermann's self-righteous hysteria.

Although I would disagree with the poster's "self-righteous hysteria" comment, a little variety is always a good thing.

IMHO, the ever-pompous Wolf Blitzer would be more desirable than ANY of the FOX Noise nut jobs!

Most of the TVs come with an On/Off switch, I hear.

Amen. I'd rather gouge my eyes out than try to wade through the disinformation on Faux. BBC world news was available on Journey as I recall along with various other nightly news broadcasts from other sources. I seem to remember Charlie Gibson = ABC?

Thanks mamayer-- we probably just wont watch TV news as others have suggested. I like to know what's going on around the world, but we will probably just pay extra to read the WSJ or FT online during weekdays-- maybe that's AZ's scam-- if they only give us obnoxious pundits, we'll be forced to pay for extra internet minutes.

OH! I just saw John Doe's post-- that's great news that there's a BBC news channel, we should be all set as long as no more celebrities die who are (perceived to be) important enough to dominate the 24 hour news cycle. I'd also like to add, for those of you who love to hate Fox, that there is a much greater gap between the quality of reporting by BBC/Le Journal and that of ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN than there is between any of those networks and Fox. Having graduated from one of the best journalism schools in the country, I am actually inherently distrustful of all television journalism... unfortunately, I think Cunard is the only line that receives broadsheet papers at sea.

If you graduated from one of the best journalism schools, and you are suggesting that Fox and the BBC are similar in the quality of their news reporting, then I suspect that your political leanings are greatly affecting your judgement. The BBC REPORTS the news while networks like Fox COMMENT on the news...very different approaches.

In any case, while at sea, take a break from your daily routine and enjoy life without having to follow every detail of the moment.

I guess you better learn to tolerate Keith Olberman. That's why I posted the comment.

The daily show would be a great bonus. But it is hard for me to believe that you can say that Keith Olberman is a nutjob when you have people like Bill O'Reily and Beck on TV....people that use scare tactics to motivate people to change...politics is dirty these days in the US *sigh*

Comments are supposed to be about the Journey. Lets get back on track. You're on a cruise, a vacation, and you're worrying about the news. Let's get back to talking about the ship.

Fair comment I suppose, but I think the topic here is the kind of programming available or not available on Azamara ships and the topic (as all topics will) flows dynamically. In fact, on our cruise on Quest, the unavailability of FOX was a source of irritation for more than one couple.

It was sufficient comment for them, so I am sure it will pop-up again on this board too.

Smooth sailing to you...

:)Hi The Journey had reasonable news coverage including their little papers for each group, thank goodness, being Canadian it is nigh on impossible to get any news from home while travelling. Enough said, we liked the Journey enough last winter to book again this fall for the Eastern Med Egypt etc. The non-formal and any time dining encouraged my husband to go on two cruises in a year, plus the good itineraries. Also the smaller size and interesting mix of people really make it. They get a lot of repeat customers.

. In fact, on our cruise on Quest, the unavailability of FOX was a source of irritation for more than one couple.

Smooth sailing to you...

You made me laugh this morning!

When we were on the Pacific Princess for 24 days the ONLY station we got was FOX NEWS and 3/4 of ship was from California...

many were begging and pleading for CNN!

Hearing Bill Rielly all the time was killing them

Of course I will be Switzerland on these boards and not indicate which station I prefer :D

You made me laugh this morning!

When we were on the Pacific Princess for 24 days the ONLY station we got was FOX NEWS and 3/4 of ship was from California...

many were begging and pleading for CNN!

Hearing Bill Rielly all the time was killing them

Of course I will be Switzerland on these boards and not indicate which station I prefer :D

I don't think I took a partisan position either. ;)

Smooth sailing...

Archived