comments on the Journey

mamayer

America news station :rolleyes:

They no longer report the news, they scream their opinions at you

You should be watching CBC and BBC :D

What I would like to see, is a page on the website that would tell you what specialty themes(SP?) are in the buffet, so one could plan out there dinners. Love to eat on the patio on the rear of the ship

As a first time cruiser is was confusing at time, maybe they should give a lecture on the first day/night about the hi-lites of the ship

We were just on the Quest and wondered if the Journey had any closed-captioning for the deaf or hard of hearing on the tv programs. To our disappointment, there was no closed-captioning on the Quest.

I don't recall any closed-captioning on the Journey. If you have TV ears they can be connected to the set.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I was already on the ship for the second half of this thread. I just wanted to update that for those of us (of any political persuasion, or none at all) who enjoy staying connected with the world news, or need to for work reasons, the offerings on TV were slim but generally sufficient... though if I never see another CNN promo telling me to "believe in the power of the interview" it will be too soon! (This may be an indicator we had too many sea days!)

On the other hand, I am truly baffled by the content of the USA Times or whatever its called. If you are only going to give us 4 pages of news, how can it be that half of it is dedicated to Madonna's vacation schedule (ok, somewhat understandable for the tabloid readers) or-- much more incomprehensible-- local horrific crimes back home in the states. I have to believe that nobody picks up their nightly set of papers on vacation hoping to reading about the latest murder suicide in small town, [insert state here].

Lynne, Thanks for the information about room size. I have been on the Century. Like the ship. So we will put Azamara on the list for our upcoming European cruise in the fall of 2010. Itinerary,and cost per day, will help us to decide between Celebrity and Azamara. (I do know that Azamara is more expensive than Celebrity) Need to do some more research.

Are the staterooms on the Journey larger than the standard staterooms on the Celebrity Century?
Century Oceanviews list at 175 sq.ft and standard verandas at 170 + 42 sq.ft. Journey standard verandas are 175 + 46 {sunsets have larger verandas, but because of the slope of the supersructure, no more useable space}. Note that the showers are distinctly smaller than Century, but I'd gladly make that tradeoff to be on Journey. Note also that Journey's non-veranda rooms are distinctly smaller - insides are 158 sq.ft. and oceanviews as small as 143. BUT you are still on Journey - I loved it [bTW we had a GTY and ended up in a forward Sunset].

Thom

Or,your butler can take them away and store them for the duration of your cruise. They "miraculously" reappear the day before disembarkation ....

Ah, I finally have found somethign the butler is good for besides a glorified steward. :cool:

If you graduated from one of the best journalism schools, and you are suggesting that Fox and the BBC are similar in the quality of their news reporting, then I suspect that your political leanings are greatly affecting your judgement. The BBC REPORTS the news while networks like Fox COMMENT on the news...very different approaches.

In any case, while at sea, take a break from your daily routine and enjoy life without having to follow every detail of the moment.

Well said...:cool:

Archived