questions for COZSALLY

momsoftwins

hi .. i am coming to cozumel on 1-20-05 and i asked PB TOM about donating toys to the local children we see....then you suggested maybe donate them to a school. this is the problem i am having. where is a school that i can do that at? then question #2... i will be in port from the hrs of 7:30 to 5:30 (so i think with the time change it will be 6:30 to 4:30) i have a royal swim at dolphin discovery at 2pm (which i think they say is be there 1/2 hour before hand) is the 2pm swim going to cut it to short to get back to the ship in time? we would also like to go to a beach and do some shopping in coz. any advice would we great. thanks:confused:

Well, there are a couple of choices. First, you can donate the toys to the Cozumel Chrysalis Group. Chrysalis works with over 20 schools in Cozumel to help children from less fortunate families with the cost of education. They will make sure the toys go to deserving children who couldn't otherwise afford them. If you personally want to go to a school and hand out toys... well, that's another story. First we would have to get permission and set up an appointment. You can't just walk into a school. Then, how would you know ho to give them to? All the students wear school uniforms, so it is impossible to tell who are the needy and who are not. If you would like to donate them to Chrysalis, they can be dropped at Paradise Beach or the minigolf downtown.

Sorry, I don't know how long the royal swim takes...anyone?

Archived