A few questions I haven't found the answer to yet.. Monarch 10/26 (general questions)

Me76

These aren't Monarch specific questions, but just general RCCL questions.

Does anyone know if it is still only $200 you need to put for a deposit on your sea pass if using cash? -I only ask because I am going with my mom and 2 teenage kids, and we don't have credit cards, and only 1 debit card, which my husband will need at home. I don't drink, have pre-paid my gratuities, shore excursions, and soda fountain pass, so I may not even use that much.

I have already booked 1 cabin for my 16 year-old and myself, my mom will be booking a cabin for herself and my 18-year-old son, will it cause any problems (besides what cabin charges get charged to) if my mom and I share a room and the two teenage sons share a room, as long as we have booked it as an adult (over 21) in each room?

Is there anyway to assure that we get at the same table in the MDR, being two different reservations? I understand that I can do My Time Dining, but I don't want to do that, because I don't know if my mom and son (who are paying for their own cruise) will pre-pay gratuities.

Will we be able to see the 7:45 show before the 8:30 late dining?

Does anyone know when the Windjammer opens for lunch? I can only find a time for lunch on the CoCoCay day on the cruise compasses posted. I may just be missing it. We want to make sure we can eat lunch before catching the bus for Stuart Cove snorkeling in Nassau (at 12:15, which means we need to leave the ship about 11:45 or sooner).

Anyone have any experience with Budget in Cape Canaveral and their shuttle service to and from the port? It is cheaper for us to rent a car one-way (there and back) than to rent it for a week and pay for parking. We plan on getting to Budget around 10a-11a, any problems with catching the shuttle to or from the ship?

If anyone has any menus to post from the MDR on the 4-day Monarch, that would be great :D

Thanks in Advance!

These aren't Monarch specific questions, but just general RCCL questions.

Does anyone know if it is still only $200 you need to put for a deposit on your sea pass if using cash? -I only ask because I am going with my mom and 2 teenage kids, and we don't have credit cards, and only 1 debit card, which my husband will need at home. I don't drink, have pre-paid my gratuities, shore excursions, and soda fountain pass, so I may not even use that much.

You don't actually have to hand them any cash. If the account for which you are responsible reaches $200, they will freeze your account until you come down to the desk at Guest Relations and settle up what has been charged already. On the last night of the cruise, you go to GR and settle the final bill.

Don't forget to take cash for the gratuities for all of you.

I have already booked 1 cabin for my 16 year-old and myself, my mom will be booking a cabin for herself and my 18-year-old son, will it cause any problems (besides what cabin charges get charged to) if my mom and I share a room and the two teenage sons share a room, as long as we have booked it as an adult (over 21) in each room?

How far apart are the cabins? If they are within a few cabins of each other, there is no problem.

And if you don't care how messed up the accounts are, you can switch cards while on the ship and no one will ever know. When you leave or return to the ship, you MUST have your own card. Sounds kinda messy to me, so be sure that your cabins are close and you can eliminate problems.

Is there anyway to assure that we get at the same table in the MDR, being two different reservations? I understand that I can do My Time Dining, but I don't want to do that, because I don't know if my mom and son (who are paying for their own cruise) will pre-pay gratuities.

Yes, once you have both reservation numbers, call RC and link the numbers for your dining reservations.

Will we be able to see the 7:45 show before the 8:30 late dining?

The shows are timed to the fixed dining times. Sometimes they are timed to be viewed before dinner, sometimes after. Read your Cruise Compass every day for this information.

Does anyone know when the Windjammer opens for lunch? I can only find a time for lunch on the CoCoCay day on the cruise compasses posted. I may just be missing it. We want to make sure we can eat lunch before catching the bus for Stuart Cove snorkeling in Nassau (at 12:15, which means we need to leave the ship about 11:45 or sooner).
It never really closes after breakfast. They will close down parts of the breakfast stuff and start putting out lunch stuff, until the turnover is completed.

Anyone have any experience with Budget in Cape Canaveral and their shuttle service to and from the port? It is cheaper for us to rent a car one-way (there and back) than to rent it for a week and pay for parking. We plan on getting to Budget around 10a-11a, any problems with catching the shuttle to or from the ship?

If anyone has any menus to post from the MDR on the 4-day Monarch, that would be great :D

Thanks in Advance!

I haven't used Budget, but I had no problems with Thrifty.

Archived