Minigolf and then Paradise Beach - great combo

swells2345

We were in Cozumel on 12/25 on the Ecstasy. We went downtown first and happened upon a Christmas mass while shopping. That was a neat experience. We then shopped for a little while before heading to minigolf which is only a block or so from the shopping area. We got there right as Scott was opening up (10 AM). He's a nice guy and the minigolf was a lot of fun. Most of the course is shaded which is a nice reprieve from the heat/sun. There are 18 holes including water traps which got me several times! We laughed a lot and even did a little cheating. :rolleyes: We met Sally (actually my kids ambushed her I think :D ) just as we were leaving minigolf. I highly recommend checking it out for yourself.

We then took a taxi on to Paradise Beach and it was wonderful. The seas were kind of rough which is why I assume the water trampoline and iceberg were on shore. But the margaritas and guacamole were wonderful while the kids played in the surf. Our waiter was excellent. He even brought the floats to us when we just mentioned getting some - I didn't even have to ask! We bought a few trinkets, got my dd hair braided and had a generally terrific time. We didn't see Tom but couldn't have asked for better hospitality.

Thanks guys! I hope we get the chance to come back and do it again.

Sherry

Scott,

How far are you from Paradise Beach, and what time do you open? I would love to play a round on March 3, 2005, and need to decide if I should golf first, then PB, then Coconuts, then shop, OR PB, then Coconuts, then golf, then shop.

Any suggestions???

Island Annie<----aka "Pineapple girl" (ask Tom:-)

Hi Annie:

PB is about a 12 minute cab ride; approximately $13, from Downtown/"El Centro"/Miniature Golf.

Regarding your itinerary, I always suggest to folks wishing to do as much as possible in one day to do their sightseeing and shopping PRIOR to going to a beach. Arrival times allow for a few hours downtown, then snoozing beachside for the rest of the day. If you go to a beach first, chances are you'll miss the downtown altogether...the ocean/sun/sand can tire people out quickly.

Most beaches are south of downtown, so after visiting us, doing some shopping and sightseeing, you'll have the option of stopping by your ship for a quick lunch/shower/souvenier deposit on the way to the beaches as well!

Soooo, if your plans include a round of world-class Miniature Golf, shopping, getting a taste of the downtown culture, and Paradise Beach...do non-beach events first (2-3 hours max), then go kick some sand at Tom. :)

Scott/Golfito

I had secrets... and then I had children! :eek: They never meet a stranger and I can't complain too much because they get it from me. :o It was nice to meet you even though I didn't get a word in edgewise. Happy New Year!

Sherry

Archived