Snorkeling at Paradise Beach?

amc40

We're looking forward to hitting PB on 4/19. I've heard such great things, but I was wondering if there is any snorkeling at the beach? We would like to see some fish and coral, it doesn't have to be the best spot.

Anne

Here´s a paste of a post made a while ago:

May 8th, 2004, 07:28 PM

keysjohnson

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Apr 2002

Paradise Beach Review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were on the Carnival Triumph, just got back this morning. On Monday we were at Paradise Beach. WONDERFUL! There were at least 4 ships in port and no crowds at all. The beach is beautiful, bathrooms clean, service was great. The taxi's all know where it is so it's very easy to get too. We had 2 chairs and an umbrella and a nice table in between. We used the mats to float on. We also snorkled and for all you snorkel fans, it was way better than anticapated. If you snorkel out almost to the bouys, there are a couple of coral heads. They are not very big, but there was a lot of fish around them. The day had started out rainy and cloudy so the water was a litle stirred up and choppy but you could still see very well. I saw some of the biggest conch I've ever seen. We saw parrot fish, angel fish, blue tangs, lots of juveniles of different kinds, and a nice variety of other small fish. We shopped first so we didn't get there until around 1pm. Our server was fantastic. Tom, I wish I would have gotten his name! Anyway, if you are thinking of going, do it, you won't regret the decision. Next time we're in Cozumel, we're going back. The nachos were great! Our total bill was $33 and we had several drinks and the food. Can't beat that! I'll be glad to answer any questions.

You won´t find GREAT snorkeling off a natural sand beach in Cozumel. We do have decent snorkeling for the beginner, but the best shore snorkeling can be found at Dzul-Ha which is about 4 miles north of us. Do a search for tons of reviews.

Hope this helps, and that we´ll see you here at PB!

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. PB sounds wonderful! We're planning on hitting the beach early. Are those buoys very far off the beach? My 8 yr old would love to see some fish, but I don't want him swimming out too far.

We were in Cozumel 2 yrs ago and never made it to the beach because of bad weather. This April we'll be at PB ran or shine!

Anne

Archived